Motorola Nexus 6 goes through CPU-Z, confirms chipset

Nabooy

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
More details regarding the Motorola-made Nexus 6 (codenamed Shamu) have appeared through the Geekbench benchmark database as well as thanks to a couple of CPU-Z screenshot posted on Twitter.

gsmarena_001.jpg

The 5.9" Nexus 6 managed a multi-core Geekbench score of 3199, which is more than the score of both the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. The high result is thanks to the Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 chipset with a 2.65GHz quad-core Krait 450 CPU inside and 3GB of RAM.

Furthermore, the Nexus 6 comes with QHD resolution resulting in a pixel density of 496ppi. The high-end specs sheet also features a 13MP camera with OIS and a dual-flash ring configuration akin to the Motorola Moto X (2014). The battery is rumored to have a capacity of about 3,200mAh, but won't be removable.

This isn't the first time we see the Nexus 6 go through a benchmark. The phone also went through the GFXBench, which tested its Adreno 420 GPU. Needless to say, the phone did quite well. Android L is going to debut on the phone, as goes the tradition with new Android releases.

A couple of weeks ago, a photo of the Nexus 6 leaked. In the photo, the phone relaxes next to the LG G3, which gives us a good idea of how big it's going to be.

Source: http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_nexus_6_goes_through_cpuz_reveals_specs-news-9881.php

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
If they can keep the price of this at $350 for the model, I would get one to use as a backup phone and home tablet. I have a feeling it would be $399 though. It's going be 16GB for base model which won't be a problem at home where I can stream contents from my media server. I'm definitely not carrying it around though.

As much as people like to dislike the 6" size, a lot of consumers seems to want this. I think if the price is good it's going to sell a lot better than previous Nexus.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I personally wouldn't pay $350 or $400 for a "Back up" phone/tablet for around the house... I have a 55 inch and two 32 inch LED TV's with a Chromecast on each one plus my Nexus 7 and a laptop (not to mention my daughter and wife have iPads) I don't even use my Nexus 7 anywhere near as much as I use to since getting the Chromecast on each TV.. For streaming video I am usually on my laptop or casting to my TV from my phone.. (My emergency back up phone is an older Galaxy S3... Nexus 5 will become the new backup with the Nexus 6) But $399 - 499 is my ideal range for this device if it ends up truly a 5.9 inch phablet device....

Thus a six inch phone would be more ideal (For me) when I am on the go... I don't talk on the phone much... Average 60 - 80 minutes a month talk and 4 - 6 gig of Data when not on WiFi at home or work.... But would make little sense as a around the house tablet....

I also think we will most likely see 32 and 64 gig as the memory options... With 4k recording possibly on the device you'll need the storage.. and flash memory is relatively cheap now..... the Nexus 4 was 8 gig and then 16.... The Nexus 5 was 16 and 32..... but Google really REALLY wants you to use the cloud more... So it's possible they keep it at 16 and 32.... very little in the way of cost to increase the memory...

Zacharyw70

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
I kind of think the Snapdragon 805 chip-set is unnecessary for this phone. It sounds like this is going to cost more than the previous Nexus phones likely due to the larger screen size, and I think they could have done without throwing in the most powerful CPU they could find and cut the RAM to 2GB in order to lower that price point.
The S801 is still a beastly processor and I don't think there's any applications that will fully harness the 805 anyway, so I would have been happy with a lower priced device using the 801 instead.

dankev

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I kind of think the Snapdragon 805 chip-set is unnecessary for this phone.

The S801 is still a beastly processor and I don't think there's any applications that will fully harness the 805 anyway, so I would have been happy with a lower priced device using the 801 instead.

With the QHD screen, I would much rather have the gpu in the 805. And there's no point in speculating on price. Google can price it wherever they want, and it doesn't necessarily have much to do with their cost. I hope they keep it cheap, and they very well may.

Faux Carnival

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I kind of think the Snapdragon 805 chip-set is unnecessary for this phone. It sounds like this is going to cost more than the previous Nexus phones likely due to the larger screen size, and I think they could have done without throwing in the most powerful CPU they could find and cut the RAM to 2GB in order to lower that price point.

No, I'm actually glad that we finally have a no-compromise Nexus. A real flagship. Previous Nexus devices have always had serious flaws, not deal breakers but still serious problems. (Camera, battery life, low quality displays, etc...)

korguror

May 29, 2011
Visit site
No, I'm actually glad that we finally have a no-compromise Nexus. A real flagship. Previous Nexus devices have always had serious flaws, not deal breakers but still serious problems. (Camera, battery life, low quality displays, etc...)
Agreed. Although I could have lived with 1080p.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't agree with this. They need the 3GB of ram for 1440p contents. And the progression is natural. It should have had the 810 chip for 64bit instead but it wasn't ready.

Zacharyw70

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
I don't agree with this. They need the 3GB of ram for 1440p contents. And the progression is natural. It should have had the 810 chip for 64bit instead but it wasn't ready.
I don't see the extra RAM contributing to the screen resolution that falls onto the CPU/GPU. Not to mention the 1440p wasn't really needed since a lot of reviews I read said it didn't make a big difference in the LG G3.

kingmac38

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I don't see the extra RAM contributing to the screen resolution that falls onto the CPU/GPU. Not to mention the 1440p wasn't really needed since a lot of reviews I read said it didn't make a big difference in the LG G3.

Do you just blindly believe reviews ..... The screen in The g3 is not as good as note 4 and may not be as good as The nexus 6 or X whatever....but i can tell you it's much better than any 1080p screen out there and you can tell The difference....It will only get better with more content.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall