Just held a Nexus 6

GilmourD

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
So I went to the T-Mobile store in Springfield, NJ, on route 22 and they had a Nexus 6 on display.

It's actually not that much bigger than the Moto X-14 (just what I like calling the 2nd Gen) I just got.

They had it in one of those metal security clamp deals tethered to the display but it wasn't freakishly huge feeling, surprisingly. I held my Moto X-14 up to it for a comparison and it just didn't seem as unbearable as everybody's made it out to be.

Go scope it out. I'm keeping my Moto X-14 due to other Moto features, but I'd be happy if I happened to get one.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, if you're familiar with big phones it's not that big. It's just slightly wider. I can't wait to get mine.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I came from the first gen moto x so the size difference definitely there but after a couple days of using the Nexus 6 it doesn't quite feel so mammoth and I'm finding it to be pretty manageable. It even pockets without a problem.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Going from my Nexus 5 to Nexus 6 the size is going to take some getting use to...... Holding it in the store was completely different than holding my own and carrying it around with me... it's not uncomfortable it is just awkward a little right now... Heck I don't even like the placement of the power buttons... I've found myself naturally reaching up higher on the device because I was use to the much higher on the phone buttons on the Nexus 5... but that is another adjustment I just have to get use to....

Pocket wise it isn't a problem at all.. at least in my work Khakis... fits all the way in and is only slightly noticeable while sitting down... With the 5 I can honestly say there have been times I wasn't sure it was in my pocket but that isn't an issue with the 6....

GilmourD

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
I went OG Droid --> Droid 3 --> Droid RAZR HD MAXX --> Moto X-14. The X isn't huge, really, and I don't have very large hands/long fingers. Seemed confortable to me.

GilmourD

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I don't wear skinny jeans, so it wouldn't be a problem for me. In fact, I'm actually a tubby b@#$%, so skinny jeans would just be terrible beyond phone-pocket fitment issues. LOL

gothand

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
I ordered on site unseen and was a bit worried it may be a bit big. I stopped in this afternoon at T-mobile and held my Note 3 up against it and the difference was negligible. If they sold the 64gb at the store I'd have one in hand.

Wingznut

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
So I went to the T-Mobile store...
I did, this morning, as well. I wasn't going all in, until I could check one out in person. After playing with it for a few minutes, I'm sold! Now I just need to find someone to take my money (in exchange for a N6, of course.) :)

galatians51

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I ordered on site unseen and was a bit worried it may be a bit big. I stopped in this afternoon at T-mobile and held my Note 3 up against it and the difference was negligible. If they sold the 64gb at the store I'd have one in hand.

I had the same exact same reaction, coming from the same exact phone. I can't wait for mine to arrive.

Posted via the Android Central App

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I was able to play with one at the T-Mobile store the other day. I liked it. The size is perfect and the build was good, better than the Nexus 5 even, and I really liked the build of the Nexus 5. The OS was very responsive and looked gorgeous. The screen quality is one of the best I have seen. It's going to be a solid device for a lot of people.

Nothing but Note! A little rim, some backboard, but mostly Note!