g808

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Too big? How about the Xperia Z Ultra?

Posted via Android Central App with LG Google Nexus 4
Love the Ultra, but to me it is too big to be an everyday phone. It's a great mini tablet.

N6 is on oar with the iPhone 6+ and Note 4. The N6 width probably makes it feel huge for people.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I have no f's to give about people complaining about its size. :) I'm a big dude with big hands, big fingers and big pockets and I want a big phone. My first phone was a wee little 4" Galaxy Stellar... almost comical... moved to a 4.7" SIII... better. Then to a 5" Nexus 5... getting there. Then a 5.5" LG G3... now we're talking. Even on my Nexus 5, things on the screen felt a bit cramped when it came time to tippity-tap away (a fact that I am reminded of whenever I fuss with my wife's Nexus 5). I could resize some keyboards to avoid fat-fingering my way around, but then I'd chew up a lot of the screen. And I had to wish myself luck whenever I had to do any kind of text selection. The G3 was the first phone where I didn't feel crowded.

The Nexus 6.... aw yeah.... that's my phone... a sasquatch sized phone, with the Nexus stamped on back to boot and no silly pen that I'd end up losing the first week I had it.

hawkwind212

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand about all this complaints about phones being too big. It's a natural progression of things to move on to bigger and better screen display, especially with the hardware power of the new devices. Makes no sense to me if you have a quad-core device and still using a 4.5 inche screen. Unless google glasses make some kind break through, we will all have to deal with big screen phones. Btw, using a folio case with a big phone solves many issues for me. Now I can actually carry around a pocket book without feeling embarrassed. With the folio case, it looks like I'm writing with my note book when I'm using a stylus with my phone. Also I have found a good place to keep my money and the IDs.

Sent from my LG-E980

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
For that screen and those speakers, I can deal with the size of the Nexus 6. Some have said that it and the Turbo are "manly" phones, and that Motorola in general makes "manly" phones. Well, if "manly" means sturdy, well- built and a solid performer, so be it. For what Motorola offers in terms of their software and well-implemented feature set, I'd say it's worth it. Gee, if the Turbo wasn't a Verizon exclusive and had GSM available in the U.S., bring it on. I could do without the bloatware, but that battery, though...

Posted via the Android Central App

keithdroid

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I can't stop liking my N6. I bought it outright from the PlayStore (Midnight Blue 64GB) and also used an eligible upgrade on my VZW account to get a Turbo because I couldn't decide until I drove each. I was coming from a Droid Maxx and was used to all the Moto features, but dangit, for the life of me I keep going back to the N6 because of the screen size. I have kept track and I have lasted less than 5 days on each device for over the last month. Yesterday I switched twice (my wife and coworkers think/know I have issues LOL) and ended up back on the N6 and I am going to stay with it. Its beautiful, buttery smooth (got 5.0.1 two days ago) and I love the screen size. They are both really nice, but I'm sticking with the N6.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I think the screen size of the Nexus 6 is perfect. When the Nokia Lumia 1520 came out, my first thought was that it was a perfect size for a phablet. I was hoping the Note 4 was going to be 6 inches. But, oh well. Maybe next year. A bigger screen for a device with so many multimedia capabilities just makes sense.

Bren S.

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm a petite woman with small hands, and I have no issues with the N6's size at all.
When people say the phone is big I just don't get it.

Posted via Nexus 6

spawndoodling

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Agree with everyone here - the N6 is the right size. Of course there will always be friends and family joking that it is a laptop, but I truly believe that everyone will ultimately have phones this size moving forward.

Two weeks with my N6, after holding a Galaxy S3 for the past two and a half years, and I have no desire to go back to the smaller form factor.

Posted via the Android Central App

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm a petite woman with small hands, and I have no issues with the N6's size at all.
When people say the phone is big I just don't get it.

Posted via Nexus 6

You have probably never held a large phone with your hand around the entire phone so it has not made you change the way you hold a device. The width of the Nexus 6 has made some of us change the way we hold the phone, so that is why the comments on size, more specifically the width. And of course it is rather large in the front pocket.

Posted via my Nexus 6!

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
The 6 inch screen is the perfect size for me. Never let these so called reviewers prevent you from buying a phone until you try it for yourself. There is no way I can go to anything smaller.