If after unboxing, I connect the Nexus 6 to wifi and go through the setup without the sim card. Are there advantages/disadvantages? If I do go through the setup (without sim). Install any updates available, install apps, then insert sim card (Verizon) and activate. Will I receive Verizon bloatware?

Thanks ...
    12-12-2014 04:14 PM
    Its easier to have the SIM in before you setup. I tried it once without the SIM, and couldn't figure out how to launch the setup again. I ended up hard resetting (I was unlocking boot loader anyway), putting the SIM in, then going through setup.

Its also good to have the SIM in and setup with WiFi off. It give you a heads up that you've been authenticated to the 4G network.

Also, I never received any Verizon bloatware. I'd have to download them manually from Play.
    12-12-2014 04:18 PM
    I didn't get any Verizon bloat at all on my phone when I inserted the sim. I put my sim in before turning on the phone. Used the phone for a bit and then installed the update that was available at the time.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-12-2014 04:19 PM
    I put my att sim in my moto bought version.
    Turned on set up...not one att app installed. No bloat. All features work flawlessly.

12-12-2014 07:41 PM
    If after unboxing, I connect the Nexus 6 to wifi and go through the setup without the sim card. Are there advantages/disadvantages? If I do go through the setup (without sim). Install any updates available, install apps, then insert sim card (Verizon) and activate. Will I receive Verizon bloatware?

Thanks ...
    I also put in my sim (from VZW) before I booted up the phone for the first time. I didn't receive any bloatware from VZW. I bought it directly from Moto if that helps.

12-14-2014 01:22 PM