Nexus 6 wireless charging

gadgetgirl3

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Has any body gotten this to work with the official Google Nexus 5 wireless charger? I can't seem to get it to work because of the curved back. The Google support page says line up the center with the "u" in the Nexus logo.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I'd never use a charging plate that didn't indicate when the receiver was sitting in the right place (IOW, drawing current from the plate). Try it with someone's charging plate that has an indicator. The phone's Qi receiver could be defective.

gadgetgirl3

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I got it to work by carefully balancing it on the charger, but the slightest, tiniest nudge causes it to lose charge.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

ray sital

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I couldn't get it to work, the amount of effort it seems you have to put into it doesn't make it worth it. Plus turbo charging is much better

VannTH

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I couldn't get it to work, the amount of effort it seems you have to put into it doesn't make it worth it. Plus turbo charging is much better

I tried using it with a lg g3 wireless charger and I just had to drop it on it. It worked flawlessly

V.

orangeman

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I struggled with the Nexus charger as well, you have to put it in the exact right spot. It's nothing I would trust as you could leave the house and find the battery is dead. I hated to spend extra money but I picked up a Nokia wireless charger and it works perfectly, very forgiving as to placement location.

jc0187

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I liked my wireless charger I purchased for my N5. It was a neat thing. Didn't work too well while it was in the case however.

gadgetgirl3

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
You are right. I incorrectly assumed you were talking about wireless charging in general

Have a good day

V.

Posted via the Android Central App

Yes, just the N5 charger. I also tried it with an orb and it just fell off.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Sullie714

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Well seeing that the thread is titled "Nexus 6 wireless charging" I can understand your confusion. I do not have experience with the Nexus or other chargers mentioned but I can say that the QI T513 (Choe Stadium) pads work great. I had an Aukey Luna for a bit that worked as well, but that charger quit working after 3 weeks. And this includes inside cases.

choclab1

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I used the N6 with the N5 charger for the first 2 months. It will work but is a real pain in the ***. The sweet spot had to have the phone with the EX of nexus on the charger. So it would almost fall of the charger and you never knew if it would charge or not.
I switched to the Vu charger and haven't looked back.

Posted from Nexus 6

gadgetgirl3

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I wonder what's different about the TYLT VU charger or the other chargers that gave been mentioned.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch