april security ota update

burrs87

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone has received the ota for the April security update yet? I have not. I got it on my Nexus 9 yesterday.

Posted via the Android Central App

wezi427

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone has received the ota for the April security update yet? I have not. I got it on my Nexus 9 yesterday.

I'm in the Philadelphia area on T-Mobile and haven't received it yet.

I wonder if illiterate people get the full effect of alphabet soup

almath

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Got it today now my sound and notifications don't work. Just get the generic bummp sound for everything!! Ugh..

rickms80

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
They issued a second April update MOB30D to the Nexus 6. My Nexus 5 downloaded the 30D update yesterday. Wondering what my Nexus 6 will download.

rickms80

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
MMB29X

Posted via Serenity

Great... I see what's happening here. I wonder if this means we're splintering again. Gonna be on a different OTA path again until the carriers approve whatever changes are in 30D. Rawr.... From what i'm reading 29x is purely security updates. 30D contains some other changes along with the April security updates.

koam

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I have a Nexus 6 that I bought unlocked at Best Buy.
Carrier is AT&T.
Last year, I flashed Android 6 Marshmallow to it because I had never received the OTA. I later updated that to 6.0.1 by loading it myself.

In March, I received the Android Security Patch for March 1, 2016 OTA. I'm not sure what date I received that on but it's been many weeks. I think I got it before March 15. That's the only OTA update / patch that I've received since self-installing Marshmallow. At least I know that it's capable of receiving OTA updates.

The current Build is MMB29V

I have not received the April 1, 2016 Security Patch OTA.

Do you know if I should have received April's patch by now, April 18? Will it arrive? Will having Mobile Data turned off and running on WiFi affect this?

Last edited:

Ed Fuller

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
I got April's patch on the 14th. MMB29X BTW I never turn my data off so I don't know if that will affect the process, but I'm always on WiFi unless I leave my house.

rickms80

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I have a Nexus 6 that I bought unlocked at Best Buy.
Carrier is AT&T.
Last year, I flashed Android 6 Marshmallow to it because I had never received the OTA. I later updated that to 6.0.1 by loading it myself.

In March, I received the Android Security Patch for March 1, 2016 OTA. I'm not sure what date I received that on but it's been many weeks. I think I got it before March 15. That's the only OTA update / patch that I've received. At least I know that it's capable of receiving OTA updates.

The current Build is MMB29V

I have not received he April 1, 2016 Security Patch OTA.

Do you know if I should have received April's patch by now, April 18? Will it arrive? Will having Mobile Data turned off and running on WiFi affect this?

I just received the notification myself for April. I don't think having mobile data turned off should affect your receiving the OTA as long as you have Wifi Data.

koam

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Damn, you're good. I got it today, Tuesday April 19.

OTA on WiFi. Installing now.

Unlocked N6. Carrier: AT&T. Bootloader is unlocked. Stock Android, Stock Recovery, that I flashed myself months ago, etc. not Rooted.

masseurca

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Just got it on my Verizon Nexus 6 and getting no sim card error. Removed and reinserted, nothing. Any suggestions? Have no cell service now.

Update: After rebooting a couple times it's back up.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
melseywag