EXOTEK Premium Slim-Fit Folio Cover Case Review

FormerIphoney

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm back again to write a review on yet another case I just received. This time around I'll be giving you my thoughts on the EXOTEK Premier slim-fit Cover Case.

I will be comparing this case to my previously reviewed case; the KAYS case ( http://forums.androidcentral.com/go...sories/192627-kays-case-review-nexus-7-a.html )

The quality of the EXOTEK is leaps and bounds better than the KAYS. Not only the construction of the case itself, but it is also much more thought out feature wise. All of my grips with the KAYS have been answered.

For one...I love the little fingers that hold the tablet in place in oppose to the slide in of the KAYS, Mainly because I have full access to the tablet screen now. I was difficult at times to pull down the menu or get to the left and right sides of the tablet because the KAYS case came right the edge of the screen.

The EXOTEK only holds the corners and might I say quite firmly.

20120802_171745 by doqfastlane, on Flickr

The closing "mechanism" is great as well. There is a very solid lip that comes right over and locks the tablet in securely.

20120802_170154(1) by doqfastlane, on Flickr

The inside of the cover is a beautiful microfiber lining. There are also 2 stand positions for landscape viewing

20120802_170132 by doqfastlane, on Flickr

20120802_170233 by doqfastlane, on Flickr

20120802_170244 by doqfastlane, on Flickr

All of the ports and button are very easily accessible. Also, the magnetic smart cover is in place and works like a dream. The case itself is very slim. I would say about half the thickness of the KAYS case.

Overall I am extremely pleased with this case. It will definitely be my daily for the time being until something better possibly comes out.

Here is a link to the EXOTEK case on Amazon ( Amazon.com: EXOTEK Premium Slim-Fit Folio Cover Case With Multi-Angle Stand For Google Nexus 7 Tablet (With Automatic Sleep/Wake Function) (Black): Computers & Accessories ) At $6.95 it is an absolute steal IMO.

Happy shopping.

Meeh

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Hmmmm where did you get it with free shipping? Lol I'm being cheap and don't want to pay the $5 to get it shipped.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

sleekgt

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I got this case and it looks really good. The issue I have with it is that the magnetic wake/sleep function isn't working on it.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Just ordered this. After going through a few tablet case covers I'm a fan of those that don't crowd the nav buttons on the bottom. My finger always seem to bump into them.

Sent by my hookah via hashcloud.

dpridgen

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
This style of case is very nice, but I found out today that the ones with the hand strap like the Poetic one or the WooMee one are vital. I was reading this morning on the subway and some guy elbowed my nexus 7 hard enough to have knocked it out of my hand if I hadn't had it tucked into the handy hand strap. :D

stevepike

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I just received my Exotek case today. I agree it is real good deal for the money and it fits great and also looks great . Very pleased with this case.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Not so sure about this. Really awful chemical smell out of the box but I suspect that will go away. Making my eyes water. The main problem I have is the lip that closes the case. It is very obtrusive when you flip it all the way open. It affects typing and it just sticks out too far. Will have my eyes open for something else locally. Maybe I'll get used to it but right now I don't like that lip.....and smell.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

teckels

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I did not have the smell and my magnet is working. I like it, for the price. Wish the quality of the leather was higher but obvi I would need to pay for that.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I aired it out in the hot Texas sun so the smell is gone now. Had to pull the tab back repeatedly to make the opening and closing a bit looser. Still not crazy about the tab getting in the way of a good ergonomic hold. But this will certainly do until I find something better. Good value for price.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2