hope i didn't break something

markboston

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
i followed the video instructions to root my nexus 7 and got all the way to the end when i need to reboot the tablet after flashing supersu and i get a message asking me if i want to disable rom recovery saying that the tablet could flash a stock rom on reboot so i seleted yes disable. was this the right thing to do? i notice it didn't pop up that message when the person in the video did it.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it's fine, it removes/renames the recovery-from-boot.p file from /system so that the CWM recovery you flashed will stay after reboots.. Otherwise stock Android will replace it with the stock recovery every time you reboot.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
i followed the video instructions to root my nexus 7 and got all the way to the end when i need to reboot the tablet after flashing supersu and i get a message asking me if i want to disable rom recovery saying that the tablet could flash a stock rom on reboot so i seleted yes disable. was this the right thing to do? i notice it didn't pop up that message when the person in the video did it.

What version of Clockwork are you using? (version number is displayed at the top while in Clockwork).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it's fine, it removes/renames the recovery-from-boot.p file from /system so that the CWM recovery you flashed will stay after reboots.. Otherwise stock Android will replace it with the stock recovery every time you reboot.

V5.8.0.2 automatically takes care of that file so Clockwork isn't overwritten.

Clockwork v6 seems to be having problems, so Id recommend v5 for now.

Reactions: 2defmouze

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
V5.8.0.2 automatically takes care of that file so Clockwork isn't overwritten.

Clockwork v6 seems to be having problems, so Id recommend v5 for now.

Oh ok, didn't think that was even a feature of 5.8.0.2.. Shows how much I know ;)

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Pretty awesome that TWRP has a file explorer and keyboard built right in. Should be able to rename it before a standard reboot. Giggity.

*customized tapatalk signature*