Avoiding Google Android updates that mess up root

afiore1961

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I rooted ny Nexus 7 - but oneday saw a notice of a downloaded update and clicked on it. In the process it set it up to an original state and removed rooting. I had to go through the entire process again. How can I benefit from update without messing up root? How can I remove the update file? What could it be named and where is it? Thanks

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I rooted ny Nexus 7 - but oneday saw a notice of a downloaded update and clicked on it. In the process it set it up to an original state and removed rooting. I had to go through the entire process again. How can I benefit from update without messing up root? How can I remove the update file? What could it be named and where is it? Thanks

Use something like OTA root keeper. If all you did was root it should let you restore the root after the OTA update is done.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Use something like OTA root keeper. If all you did was root it should let you restore the root after the OTA update is done.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

This. OTA Rootkeeper will backup your root access before an OTA and restore it afterwards.

More importantly, the "entire process" you describe of rooting a Nexus should take no more than a minute even without the app. A little practice is good for you if you need to re-root it anyway :)

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
This. OTA Rootkeeper will backup your root access before an OTA and restore it afterwards.

More importantly, the "entire process" you describe of rooting a Nexus should take no more than a minute even without the app. A little practice is good for you if you need to re-root it anyway :)

Totally agree! Rooting is a trivial process that you can do in minutes. I don't even need to look up how anymore...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo