rooCASE Origami slimshell

kenyee

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
It just shipped....got shipping notice today. Wasn't available before so that's why you didn't see any reviews...

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
It just shipped....got shipping notice today. Wasn't available before so that's why you didn't see any reviews...

Glad to hear they're shipping out. It's actually been available for other products in the past in the same style, so was hoping to get what might be analogous feed back from other cases, but will look forward to hearing your thoughts on it once you've had a chance to play around with it. I like the Poetic/Moko slimlines, but would very much prefer a similarly slim case that can stand vertically - if it's reasonably good quality.

Philip Pearl

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I have this case for my Kindle Fire HD, and have just ordered another for the new Nexus 7 I have on order. What I like most about it is its flexibility in terms of being able to prop up the device at almost any angle, as well as its fairly thick cover (which constitutes the stand) which offers a lot of screen protection. The only disadvantage is that, on the Kindle, at least, it does add some bulk. But for me, the added flexibility and the excellent protection more than make up for a little bulk -- and it is just a little. Plus, the thing costs less than ten bucks on Amazon, which is kind of a steal. Hope this helps.

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I just got this case. For $5 on Amazon, I just had to try the origami feature. For that value, it's not a bad case. It's similar to the more expensive Asus Premium Case. Not only difference in price, but also dimension and the magnate that's on the Roo. The Roo is a lit bigger and the cover doesn't appear to snuggly fit the screen. It's somewhat a little bigger. It does have magnates to help keep the cover close and also to auto wake and sleep the device. Works pretty well. The case is a little thinner than the Asus Premium.

Overall, it's not a bad case. I definitely would select this over the Moko slim just because the Roo is really slim. The origami stand is neat because you can set your Nexus in landscape or portrait mode.

kenyee

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't seem bad, but it also doesn't offer as much protection as the rotating case I had for the old N7. With the older thicker case (because it had that round swivel mechanism on the back), it was pretty sturdy when you propped it up. With the Origami, I keep thinking it'll fall over...might have been better if the front cover were thicker/sturdier.
But if you want slim and the ability to prop it up in landscape or portrait, this is probably as good as it gets...

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I'd gone ahead and ordered one shortly after my earlier post and tried it out over the weekend. Compared to the Moko and Poetic slim cases, the rooCASE feels to be of notably lower quality - that's not to say it won't hold up, but it just feels like lesser quality materials were used and less time invested in the design stages; it's slightly thicker, protrudes a bit more on the edges as well.

In the landscape modes, it performs ok, almost as well as the Moko, but neither do as well as the Poetic (the magnets locking the 'triangle' fold work extremely well). Portrait mode functions ok, and doesn't seem too prone to toppling, but if you have a heavy touch it might move around on your table/surface a bit.

I would recommend this case only if you're absolutely wanting a slimline case that can prop up in portrait mode; otherwise, the Poetic and Moko are better options (with my personal preference being Poetic).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch