How do I update my build when using a custom recovery?

Stamponephoto

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for the noob question... I have a nexus 7 (2013) on build JWR66N and it is rooted with TWRP recovery.
I keep getting notifications for a 4.3 build update. I go through the process and it seems to download, but nothing updates. It is my understanding that with a custom recovery I cannot get OTA updates, so my question is, "How do I update my build when using TWRP?"

Shifty_MNR

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Are you running a stock rooted ROM. Or are you running a custom ROM like PA or CM? Both those Roms have a 4.3 build up for download on XDA. Find your device and use the search feature.
If you are running a custom ROM find the thread for that ROM and check the newest build, your best bet will be over at XDA. If your just stock rooted and want 4.3 there are some apps that allow you to accept OTA 's. I think. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Or you can just find a flashable 4.3 build and flash it.

Sent from my One

Stamponephoto

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Are you running a stock rooted ROM. Or are you running a custom ROM like PA or CM? Both those Roms have a 4.3 build up for download on XDA. Find your device and use the search feature.
If you are running a custom ROM find the thread for that ROM and check the newest build, your best bet will be over at XDA. If your just stock rooted and want 4.3 there are some apps that allow you to accept OTA 's. I think. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Or you can just find a flashable 4.3 build and flash it.

Sent from my One

I wound up just flashing this:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2382965
Worked just fine, it just took forever to find a stock build...
Could I have just flashed the build directly off the AOSP site?
I thought about that afterwards :-\

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Shifty_MNR

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I wound up just flashing this:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2382965
Worked just fine, it just took forever to find a stock build...
Could I have just flashed the build directly off the AOSP site?
I thought about that afterwards :-\

Honestly I'm not entirely sure. But check out some customer Roms such as PA or CM. That is if are experienced and can flash and nandroid.

Sent from my One

Stamponephoto

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Honestly I'm not entirely sure. But check out some customer Roms such as PA or CM. That is if are experienced and can flash and nandroid.

Sent from my One

I know a little bit, I have a firesale touchpad that I have been running CM9 on for a while now. I just figured I would try stock for a while first.