my 2013 n7 is locked with blue screen

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

It had pure nexus installed and my friend said he could change it back to stock.i don't know what he did but you can only turn it off with power and turn it on with power but you only get a lock on bottom and blue screen when turned on.We tried everything, can't get it unlocked or anything. how in the world can we fix this or is it bricked. Its a great tablet and i hate to toss it. need help? can't get it unlocked.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
i don't know what he did but you can only turn it off with power and turn it on with power but you only get a lock on bottom and blue screen when turned on.
Are you able to get into Recovery mode when you turn it on? (Press-and-hold Volume Up + Press-and-release Power until you see the Android on its back along with the 'No command' prompt; then Press-and-hold the Volume Up and Press-and-release the Power button and you should see the Recovery menu.)
If you are you should be able to use ADB/FASTBOOT to reflash the stock firmware.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Well, if you can't get into the Bootloader (and then to Recovery) or Recovery directly there's nothing you can do. I hate to suggest that whoever tried to return to the stock firmware screwed it up but that's sure what it sounds like.

It is a great device and it's unfortunate that no one has come out with a modern update to it. The nVidia Shield tablet was the logical successor to this device but you can't find those anymore either. Sorry.

Richard McLafferty

Oct 31, 2018
Visit site
Actually i can get to recovery but here's the situation on that. it comes up with start ,bootloader and something else at top, but on the bottom there's 8-10 items, but all of them say some thing like cannot do this command,all say this. i tried to run one of the items it was delete all info/reformat or somthing like this.so i ran it and it said program failed,then i tried delete cache and it failed, so im stuck at this point. i also get the dead android with door opened with red sign on it. after this it goes back to google screen with lock.