IPod trade in at Gamestop

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Was able to trade in my 64GB iPod Touch at Gamestop today and with the 30% extra value when applied towards a Nexus 7 tablet they gave me $265. So the cost of the tablet was fully covered and I still had credit left over!

My receipt says I'll get the tablet in the 2nd wave of preorders due on Aug 7th.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
is it a 4th Gen iPod Touch?

I wonder how much my 32GB 3rd Gen iTouch get
Yes, it was a 4th Generation iPod Touch (with the Retina display). You can probably get a good guess at what a 3rd gen would be by checking out eBay for used iPods. When I checked my particular model, eBay was showing around $200 on average, and Gamestop was going to give me $203, so it was a close comparison. The kicker is the extra 30% that Gamestop gives if you pre-order and apply to the Nexus 7 tablet, which is considerable.

Judynnnn

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it was a 4th Generation iPod Touch (with the Retina display). You can probably get a good guess at what a 3rd gen would be by checking out eBay for used iPods. When I checked my particular model, eBay was showing around $200 on average, and Gamestop was going to give me $203, so it was a close comparison. The kicker is the extra 30% that Gamestop gives if you pre-order and apply to the Nexus 7 tablet, which is considerable.

Did you do it today? Any reserves after Thursday ate second wave per orders.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Central Forums

Ftspyder

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Smart move cohoman! I also went this week and I traded in a Gen 5 ipod nano 16gb, I got 64 dollars for it. I traded in one older xbox 360 game and used a 25 dollar gift card and now i have 100 dollars towards my 16gb reservation. I think im part of the first wave, but im not sure, I gotta check the receipt.

Judynnnn

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
This entire thread makes me happy to see so many people getting rid of Apple products woo hoo!

It's funny because as a gamestop employee, we kinda have to agree with Apple. But talking up this tablet my boss and I been downing apple and the ipad haha.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

quinnsdaddy11

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
I love anyone who pays the additional $300 for the iPad 3. In doing so they get 3 additional inch screen, twice the weight, a dual core processor (instead of the Nexus 7 quad core), a 5mp back facing camera, a VGA quality front facing camera (half the quality of the Nexus 7).

I love these people because it makes me feel better about myself.

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
You can find all iOS device trade-in values here: Sell My iPhone? iPad? iPod? | Trade-In iPad? iPod? iPhone? | GameStop

For those who want to wait out, there's a rumored 50% extra on iOS devices from 7/13-7/15. The 30% toward a Nexus 7 ends on August 5th, so it never hurts to wait a couple of extra days.

Thanks. I will have to check this out. Been looking for a nice simple way to jettison the small number of iOS devices I have.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2