Anyone still buying an S23 Ultra?

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
A lot of people I've seen seem to love the S23 Ultra. I was a bit tempted to get one myself when I saw that Samsung was giving 700 dollars for a trade in credit towards my current device, the S21 Ultra. Of course, at the time, I didn't have money.

Now I do of course. And now due to the release soon of the S24 Ultra, the trade in value of the S21U towards an S23U is 200. Lol.

Is it worth it to just buy an S23U out right? Or Should I possibly just buy an S24 Ultra? I don't really care for the whole "AI," enhancements honestly.

waqqas31

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
A lot of people I've seen seem to love the S23 Ultra. I was a bit tempted to get one myself when I saw that Samsung was giving 700 dollars for a trade in credit towards my current device, the S21 Ultra. Of course, at the time, I didn't have money.

Now I do of course. And now due to the release soon of the S24 Ultra, the trade in value of the S21U towards an S23U is 200. Lol.

Is it worth it to just buy an S23U out right? Or Should I possibly just buy an S24 Ultra? I don't really care for the whole "AI," enhancements honestly.
Are you sure the trade-in is just $200? There should be a bonus on top of the trade-in value. Here in Canada, an S9 will get you $0 trade-in value, but also a $450 trade-in bonus (during pre-orders, at least.)

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately the deals for the S23 ultra are no more now that the S24 is out now. Even most of the colors are out of stock for the S23 ultra on Samsungs website. If you need to upgrade, it's better to get the newest phone you can afford.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Are you sure the trade-in is just $200? There should be a bonus on top of the trade-in value. Here in Canada, an S9 will get you $0 trade-in value, but also a $450 trade-in bonus (during pre-orders, at least.)
Yes. I am referring to the S23 Ultra on Samsung's website, which has a very small trade in value for devices now. Not the S24 Ultra.

Unfortunately the deals for the S23 ultra are no more now that the S24 is out now. Even most of the colors are out of stock for the S23 ultra on Samsungs website. If you need to upgrade, it's better to get the newest phone you can afford.
This.

Reactions: waqqas31

waqqas31

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Yes. I am referring to the S23 Ultra on Samsung's website, which has a very small trade in value for devices now. Not the S24 Ultra.

This.
My bad. The trade-in bonus is only on the S24U. The value they are quoting you isn't completely outrageous then. A friend of mine purchased a used S21U about 4 months back for $400 Canadian (less than $300 US), so $200 US now isn't a total low-ball. Or you might be better off keeping it as a backup or when your kids are old enough to get their first smartphone.

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

Regarding the S23U costs, it's good to always check prices from several other seller's besides Samsung, such as at your carriers website, amazon dotcom, BestBuy dotcom, &c.
At times, we've found better deals from our mobile carrier and/or amazon & BestBuy, then from Samsung.
But not always, e.g. . . I bought my last Samsung phone, unlocked, from Amazon, for $300 less than AT&T and Samsung and BestBuy were all selling the same [none-unlocked AT&T version] of the phone for. It was so great I kept using it for 6 ½ years.

So if you can find a great deal, I'd say . .👍
My wife's S23U is only 4 months old; she loves it; it's an incredible phone, and she has no interest in upgraded to an S24U, nor should she.

Note: If purchasing a phone from amazon, I would only purchase one "Sold by: Amazon".
And before opening the box, be sure to look for either "Made in Vietnam" (or Korea), as well as verifying that the IMEI # is authentic, and the same throughout, i.e. on the box, as on the phones sticker, and as the software.

Method 4 – Match the S/N Number​

Like the IMEI number, the Serial Number of a phone also holds crucial data, like the country code, the smartphone’s manufacturing date, and other details. To check this and verify whether the Samsung phone is fake or original, follow the below-mentioned steps:

1. Visit the IMEI24 website on a web browser.
2. Enter the phone’s IMEI number and verify the captcha.
3. The result will have the phone’s Serial Number and other details like the country and network carrier used.

Method 5 – Check Product Registration​

Another way to verify whether a Samsung smartphone is fake or genuine is to verify its product registration on the official Samsung website. Here’s how it check it:

1. Visit the official Samsung Product Registration page on a web browser.

2. Create or log in to your Samsung account . . &c, &c . .

Last edited:

Wendeee

Mar 17, 2024
Visit site
I finally got my S23 Ultra last November and I absolutely love it! Maybe because my previous phone was the A42 5G that sucked big time lol. That was probably the worst phone I've ever had. Anyway, it was the 200 mp camera that caught my attention.

Reactions: gray2018

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
I am finally coming to the S23 Ultra family! I found and ordered a brand new Phantom Black S23 Ultra from Amazon over the weekend. I am a bit excited! Unfortunately, it was a hefty price. But I am paying it monthly with affirm, so I don't really care.

Also, once I send back my Amazon renewed Note 20 Ultra that I purchased in January for a return, I will have 430+ dollars to put towards it, bringing the device down to 699. Not too bad. If it wasn't for that, I don't think I would be spending the 1200 for this device completely. Lol

I still have my S21 Ultra, which I will be keeping as a backup device. I kind of have to anyways, since the back of the device is cracked, I won't really get much in terms of trade ins anywhere. Probably a couple hundred. For that much, I'd rather just keep it.

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I have had the S23U for about 6 months. This will probably be my last Ultra phone as they are continuing to get more and more expensive. The ultra phones aren't really improving or adding anything new or extra, while the plus phones are getting better. The only thing I'm looking forward to is a flat screen again. I'm really hoping that the OnePlus 13 has a flat screen. I'd like to try a OnePlus next time. Unless the Pixel 9 pro or S24 plus gets my attention first. But I feel like you get more for your money with a OnePlus. It sounded like the 12 cameras are pretty good. Probably not as good on paper as the Pixel or iPhone or Ultra. But good enough.

Every couple of years my wife and I like to go on a vacation with just the two of us so I prefer to have the best camera on a phone that I can afford. We are planning on going to Cancun next year so I may switch back to a Pixel for that. I wish that I could justify or afford to have both a Samsung and Pixel phone. I may keep this phone and just buy the cheapest Pixel 9. Obviously I won't have any phone to trade in but it wouldn't be that bad. Or if the Pixel 8a ever comes out that would be solid option for taking great photos.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
I was looking at the Oneplus 12, too. But meh. I had the Oneplus 8 about three years ago, and it was a horrible experience. I sold that device and never looked back. After that, I told myself never again would I own another Oneplus device.

Reactions: Joshua Luther1

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
I got my S23 Ultra today and the display is nice and all that. But so far, I'm kind of underwhelmed.. The camera doesn't seem to be the greatest, either. For some reason, taking pictures outside, the pictures look incredibly dull and muddy. I don't have this problem with my S21 Ultra.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter