Keyboard issues?

rlanza1054

Samsung - SPH-D710
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Not sure if any posted anything on the keyboard.

I'm having issues with the keyboard.

Seems I have to tap twice on each letter before it recognizes my tap?

I think part of the problem is the I have to tap slightly off center on the keys.

I wonder if there is a way to calibrate the screen.

Also, it's not letting me do a paste in certain text fields.

I installed my favorite keyboards and I still have paste issues.

On another topic, having trouble with screen rotation?

The screen rotation setting is missing from it's normal place under Display?

Thanks

Rob

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

gibjer

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I also have this issue where the keyboard becomes completely unresponsive.

Closing out background apps sometimes helps for me, but it's not the solution I'm looking for, and I'm pretty diligent about keeping background processes to a minimum.

I was hoping 4.1.1 would have fixed it, but it seems to be present in this version as well.

mmaestro

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Having the same issues with the keyboard locking up, but it's not just the keyboard: general nonresponsiveness of the touchscreen or lag from inputs (for example, playing Temple Run sometimes sees swipes taking effect a half second after I did them). Some background processes definitively caused this - I know Out of Milk was definitely causing this issue - and I'm starting to strip other apps from the device in the hope that'll help, but it's maddening. A reboot always fixes it, but I'd love a more permanent solution.

I spent a little time with Watchdog, hoping I'd see something chewing up the CPU, but nothing. Similarly, it doesn't look like it's running out of memory. It just seems like something.. multiple things?.. is causing the device to lock up on occasion. It doesn't even require you to be using it, I'll see performance gradually deteriorate while I'm playing a game (that's where it's most obvious), and while the touchscreen seems to be the most obvious, first symptom, I think it's a device wide slowdown. I had Shadowgun turn into a slide show a couple of nights ago while I was seeing the same effect.

mmaestro

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
So here's my guess for what's going on here. Talking with the Out of Milk devs, the background service that caused me problems is only there to accept push notifications. Other issues seem to be caused by the notification service for NBC's Live Olympics app and Facebook's push notifications. All notification stuff. I've also noticed that any lag I see can be compounded by bad wifi reception. Anandtech suggests that disk I/O can wreck the performance of the N7 (link), and I (unlike most folks, I suspect) have filled up my storage with movies for when I traveled to California a couple of weeks ago.
So, best guess: push notifications want access to storage to write whatever data they're receiving. If reception is bad, this takes longer causing the device to lock up more. If the storage is full, again I/O takes a hit slowing things down even further. So if I'm right, the solution may be to empty or even reformat the on board storage in an attempt to increase the I/O that the tablet has access to, as well as try to make sure your wifi connection is solid. Unfortunately I'm not going to have time to actually try this out until the weekend, but it's a thought. Or I may just be taking 2+2 and making 3. It's a guess is all.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member