Nexus 7 does not appear on my Google Play List

dreten

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone had this issue? I am using the same account I use for all of my other devices, but the N7 is the only one that does not appear on my list of devices on the GP web store.

I tried a factory reset, but the device still does not appear.

Any thoughts?

drifter136

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Bringing this thread back to life. I've had my N7 for almost a month and it still doesn't show up in the Google Play list. I can see all the apps I've downloaded to other devices and all my other devices appear (including a phone I only owned for 3 days....8 months ago). But nothing I do gets my N7 to show up on the web store.

Evo4g

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
At the bottom of the Play Store click on My Orders and Settings, then click on Settings towards the the top/left (just under My Account). See if your device is listed there and make sure there is a check mark under visibility (shown in menu). If that doesn't do the trick click on Don't See My Device.

Wouter van Vliet

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem, after I cleared all data from the Google Services Framework - which I did after reading an article that suggested that doing that might force the 4.2 update. I guess that disconnected the Play account, and some others - Chrome to Phone suddenly also stopped working.

To solve it, I opened up the "All" tab in app settings, and did clear data and force close on both Google Play Store and Google Play services. Then, after opening the Play Store on my Nexus, my Nexus also showed up again in my Google Play account in the desktop browser.

(Btw; clearing data on Google Services Framework didn't help towards getting the 4.2 update - and I got a feeling that I probably should not have done it)

raajeshcse

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I too had done force stop of google services framework looking for 4.2 upgrade on my galaxy nexus yesterday and today I notice that my galaxy nexus which was listed on my devices list on the googleplay website till yesterday is no more seen. I tried clear data/ force close on google play and play services under all apps and visited play store from my phone as you have suggested but it doesn' t seem to help either.. Please help.

mellyf

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm also having the same problem. Any help would be appreciated. I did try the suggestion above about clearing data and doing a force stop of Google Play Services and Google Play Store.

n4limbo

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem, after I cleared all data from the Google Services Framework - which I did after reading an article that suggested that doing that might force the 4.2 update. I guess that disconnected the Play account, and some others - Chrome to Phone suddenly also stopped working.

To solve it, I opened up the "All" tab in app settings, and did clear data and force close on both Google Play Store and Google Play services. Then, after opening the Play Store on my Nexus, my Nexus also showed up again in my Google Play account in the desktop browser.

(Btw; clearing data on Google Services Framework didn't help towards getting the 4.2 update - and I got a feeling that I probably should not have done it)

So you never got 4.2?

I had to clear Google Services Framework like three times then restart and then have it check for updates before it finally loaded 4.2.
It's super annoying to have to do this each update.
I maybe get rid of it and go ipad mini.

Albert Reguyal

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
this was caused by clearing Google Services framework data so we can download 4.2.1

Solution: Settings>Apps>Swipe right to ALL>Google Play Store>clear data>restart playstore and accept the terms and conditions> it is now listed again on my desktop...yey! 

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
So you never got 4.2?

I had to clear Google Services Framework like three times then restart and then have it check for updates before it finally loaded 4.2.
It's super annoying to have to do this each update.
I maybe get rid of it and go ipad mini.

Unlike

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

MGIxian

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the tip - I had the same problem after rooting my N7 (it disappeared from the web store, even though Play on the device worked) and stopping/clearing data/restarting the Play store worked for me.

rogerinnyc

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks so much for the tip. I was going crazy after a wipe and restore of my Note 2 left me without access to Google Play on the web. Stopping, clearing data and restarting the Play store on my device did the trick.

inkuyo

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
This got my nexus 7 to show up.

Solution: Settings>Apps>Swipe right to ALL>Google Play Store>clear data>restart playstore and accept the terms and conditions> it is now listed again on my desktop...yey! 

still have problems with some google apps not updating (calendar, youttube, maps, google+, google play music, chrome, hangouts, keyboard, and a few more)

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Look for green icon that says Google services and click it. The other way is to go to ball accounts and make sure sync is on and working per app per Gmail account.

znabela

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Had the same problem on my HTC ONE (Android 4.2), but the clear data didn't help. Figured out the following:

1. Open the "Google Settings" app on the phone.
2. Select "Android Device Manager"
3. Check the "Allow remote lock and factory reset" - leave the "Remotely locate this device" checked also.

And immediately my HTC ONE was visible in the Google Play device section.

dzigner

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Hi all

tried all of the above, my nexus 7 or my note 10.1 2014 does not appear under the google play music account device management. Both of these devices are present on the google play my devices list, but not on google play music device list.

thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrystalLewis