$25 Google Play Balance, Cant Be Used For Devices ? Huh ?

going_home

Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!
Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I tried to use the $25 dollar Google Play balance to buy a Galaxy Nexus and it wouldnt let me do that.

So I emailed Google.

I was told the credit cant be used for magazine subscriptions or devices.

They said you cant use both your credit card and the Google Play balance to pay for something.

So I asked for directions on how to add to the Google Play balance, twice, and got no response.

Now I see in an email announcing the credit :

"$25.00 credit can be used only for purchases with a combined cost of $25.00 or less."

If Windows Mobile wasnt so lame I'd switch I'm so torqued off.

:mad:

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

Wait, so they basically give you 25 bucks and you're mad about it? Would you be less irritated if they gave you nothing?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Yes, if you end up with a small residual balance there's no way tho spend it that I know of because you cannot combine payment methods for a single purchase.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
From what I hear it also expires at the end of 7/31. Will see soon. I have .03 left not a huge lose if true.

JediJesus95

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site

Google gave you $25 to use with any digital content in the Play Store and because you can't use it towards a device you want to leave the whole ecosystem? Does that sound right to anyone else?

Does Google give you a 12 digit code or something? Could you have maybe sold the code for maybe $20 or even $25? I'm not being sarcastic this time I'm really trying to help.

Chocoburger

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
From what I hear it also expires at the end of 7/31. Will see soon. I have .03 left not a huge lose if true.

From the official Google e-mail:

The $25.00 balance can be used for purchases on Google Play through June 30, 2013.

I plan to chip away at it over the next year. :)

Edit: The OP is a whiny, self-entitled, and unappreciative. Away with you!

Google gave you $25 to use with any digital content in the Play Store and because you can't use it towards a device you want to leave the whole ecosystem? Does that sound right to anyone else?

Does Google give you a 12 digit code or something? Could you have maybe sold the code for maybe $20 or even $25? I'm not being sarcastic this time I'm really trying to help.
There is no code (a la PSN or XBLA credits), you automatically get it when you sign in to your google account using the device (for a limited time--we don't know when the offer ends).

Reactions: JediJesus95

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Mine is still there with an expiration (according to my original confirmation email) of June 30 2013.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87