8 Gb will be sufficient or no?

njkiller420

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I am just wondering if 8 gb is sufficient or not. If I do buy the nexus 7, then the first thing I will do is root it so I can use the USB flash drives. My question is, will 8 gb be enough for all my apps? I will store all other stuff on my USB after rooting.

regression

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
As far as I know, apps have to be stored on the device. I have the 8gig model. I don't store music or videos on it so I am not too concerned. After installing 30 or so apps I still have 5 gigs free.

It comes down to how you use the device. If you plan on storing content for offline viewing, go with the 16 gig model. If you use it mainly for email, web browsing and apps, go with the 8 gig.

xcalibur1011

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm very close to purchasing the 8gb, I've been reading forums all day today deciding whether or not to get the 16gb or 8gb. I'm not worried about space because I will root and use the OTG cable, as far as games I have a PS Vita for that. Hopefully the staples near me will still have one in stock when I get out of work.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I'd not recommend the 8gig. The OS and system files alone take up 3-4 gigs.. Once you load some games, media, etc on there you can max it out very quickly. 50 bucks more for another 8 gigs is well worth it.

Just my 2 cents :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

michael13162

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I'd not recommend the 8gig. The OS and system files alone take up 3-4 gigs.. Once you load some games, media, etc on there you can max it out very quickly. 50 bucks more for another 8 gigs is well worth it.

The OS is actually only 2.04gb. I have the 8gb version and I find that I have all the storage capacity I'll need.

njkiller420

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

Yeah I also feel the same way. I think I should buy 16gb just in case especially if we get more updates and if rooting doesnt work.

XenIneX

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Many A-list games have download sizes of more than half a gigabyte. The maps for offline GPS navigation apps can consume multiple gigabytes. Software assets are only going to continue to grow in size. This completely ignores the issue of local media storage.

Do the math.

el_mariach

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I've got the 8gb model. After several apps installed, I've still got several gigs with really no need to install anything else. Music and everything else is on the cloud. I love it.

Sent from my Nexus 7

AZBrowncoat

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I purchased the 16Gb model even though I have a 500Gb Seagate Satellite drive for movies, music videos and the like...with the size of some of the games 8Gb can go pretty fast.

Xterror

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
I purchased the 8gb because not a huge gamer and have all my media on the cloud and plex server at home. I have a total of 70 apps installed so far including the already included google apps. I have 3-4 games. Prob under 50mb each though. And still have 4.5 gb left. I'll be rooting and doing the USB hack. I think the main reason I didn't go for the 16 gb was because it was sold out and 3-4 week wait and knew I would be fine with 8 gb and get it in couple days. Lol

AZBrowncoat

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I think the main reason I didn't go for the 16 gb was because it was sold out and 3-4 week wait and knew I would be fine with 8 gb and get it in couple days.

I'm still surprised that my local Walmart seemed to have the same two 16Gb Nexus 7's for days until I bought one of the two they had in stock...for all I know the other one is still there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TechBro