How does one get free books/magazines for this bad boy N7?

bLoOdAnDBoNe

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
So noob question ;/

I have tried searching titles of the interested magazine or book in 4shared but unable to see anything, even on youtube.

I did come to a website called ebook4000 that allows the user to search a title and have it downloaded, so i did that and copied the PDF file over to my N7 and opened through ES as PDF document viewer, that worked although the pages aren't optimizing, it's really sluggish and the text is not crisp.

I then tried to open it with Aldiko (Free app from Google Play) but still had the same issue accept the pages would take ages to load and same outcome.

Whats the best method for viewing magazines using a free method?
Whats best method for reading books and what should i be using to open them up?

~After writing this up i saw the thread which helped me with the book method although when i do download .epub files what directory do i put them into?;
http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-7-tablet-forum/195023-ebook-reader-nexus-7-a.html

If i need to clarify anything else please let me know, i'm very new the android scene and trying to stock up on knowledge best i can so sorry if any of it sounds noob lol

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
www.eprint-studio.com

Lots of free books. Used to be in the play store but Google always pulls it because it has newer books too, not just the older stuff in the public domain.

I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.

Reactions: bLoOdAnDBoNe

paulsam7

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
After writing this up i saw the thread which helped me with the book method although when i do download .epub files what directory do i put them into?;
http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-7-tablet-forum/195023-ebook-reader-nexus-7-a.html

The folder for the books depends on what e-reader you're using. For FBReader, they go in the "Books" folder; for the Nook reader, they go in "Nook/Content", but I haven't had luck getting them to show up in the app; and I have also had no success side-loading books into the Kindle reader - just have the ones I've paid for.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I got some free magazine in the Currents app that came with my Nexus 7. In fact that was how l found the Android Central Magazine that i read about this new forum on Nexus 7. Also read about great game Auralux. If you hit the add sign in Currents they have a few free magazines

Reactions: paulsam7

paulsam7

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I got some free magazine in the Currents app that came with my Nexus 7. In fact that was how l found the Android Central Magazine that i read about this new forum on Nexus 7. Also read about great game Auralux. If you hit the add sign in Currents they have a few free magazines

Thanks for mentioning this - I had ignored Currents as another piece of useless Google fluff, but you made me look, and there are really quite a few mags there. Got a slew of things to read now in my areas of interest.

tt100b

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I use a program on my MAC called DeDRM. I download books I want to read from my local library, then run them through DeDRM and it strips out the Digital Rights Management. I can usually find epub or .azw files to strip. I am now free to put them in drop box and load them through whatever app will take them (Aldiko, Kindle, Nook, etc...).

As an aside, I do not strip out DRM and then share with all my friends. I just don't like being limited to the small window of time that comes with a library book. Most times I have to wait for a book so it's not always a convenient timefor me to get a 14 day lending period...

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

bLoOdAnDBoNe

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

Sweet, i also just neglected that app, i assumed it was a Finance app and didn't bother to look at it, cheers for pointing it out

I use a program on my MAC called DeDRM. I download books I want to read from my local library, then run them through DeDRM and it strips out the Digital Rights Management. I can usually find epub or .azw files to strip. I am now free to put them in drop box and load them through whatever app will take them (Aldiko, Kindle, Nook, etc...).

As an aside, I do not strip out DRM and then share with all my friends. I just don't like being limited to the small window of time that comes with a library book. Most times I have to wait for a book so it's not always a convenient timefor me to get a 14 day lending period...

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

I been using an app called '10000 free eBooks reader' which seems to work great but i don't like the page turning animations, feels a bit staggery and i don't get that page animation, i'll give DeDRM a try

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty