Google Refund

smitjeh

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi

I went through the process of refusing my nexus 7 delivery as I bought locally in the UK.

I had been waiting for a refund until Friday 17th August when I received an email.

The first line was 'Your purchase from Google Play has been cancelled. Any charges made will be refunded'.

How long do you think until that money is in my account.

Has anyone received the refund, if so how long between email and refund.

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I would love to know much money Google lost due to refused shipments and related paperwork. With better communication a lot of this could have been avoided.

michael13162

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I would love to know much money Google lost due to refused shipments and related paperwork. With better communication a lot of this could have been avoided.

IMHO, for a company like Google, the amount of money they lost due to returns is minuscule.

For me, the return took around 20 days. Google's actual policy says it should only take 14 days but the customer rep told me it would take longer because of all the returns they have been getting.

jake1138

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I returned my Google Nexus 7 and they received it 20 days ago and I still haven't received a refund. I called their support and they said it will be another 7-14 business days. Not cool. My advice is to buy the Nexus 7 from another retailer or wait until Samsung has a comparable model that actually has a MicroSD slot.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I returned my Google Nexus 7 and they received it 20 days ago and I still haven't received a refund. I called their support and they said it will be another 7-14 business days. Not cool. My advice is to buy the Nexus 7 from another retailer or wait until Samsung has a comparable model that actually has a MicroSD slot.

The Nexus line has moved past SDcards (well, external) FWIW.

That being said, I simply disputed it with AMEX. Had enough of the waiting.

smitjeh

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Update

For anyone interested I got my refund 3 working days after I got the refund email.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2

flik0001

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I also returned the nexus almost a month ago and still haven't received a refund.

the reason for the return was:
1. i cancelled my order within 10minutes after buying, but still received it. the UPS guy just dropped it in front of the door without anyone signing.
2. the battery couldn't be charged, just turned on for a few seconds.
3 one side of the display was loose, every time i hold it i heard squeezing sound. it didn't really give a quality feeling as i expected.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38