So is it safe to say wait.

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I am sure it was Asus that fixed them as Google does not make the hardware. I am positive that Google had a lot of say in what needed to be fixed.

My 16gb that i had was all good except for the washed out screen color. I returned it for that reason.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

coronaboy10

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Bought mine at Sams Club, 16gb variant. 2nd week of July. They had two in stock and I got one of them. I haven't had one issue since i've had it. No screen separation issues or lightbleed from I can tell.

srosencrans

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to decide right now, should I buy or wait till I get option for Google Fiber and maybe spring for the TV package with the free Nexus 7, although that probably comes with the 8gb version, hmmm.

I might just buy it.

bawboh86

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Also, to the OP, you CAN wait, but a lot of the users here complaining about defects are the same people in different threads, or some REALLY unlucky people that have gone through a ton of RMAs and returns and seem to get more from the same bad batch.

The amazon rating for the tablet is 4.5 out of 5.0 stars, with about 70 reviews. I'd say, those are some pretty good numbers. I personally own a 16 GB version I bought at Staples, and have absolutely no issues with it.

Honestly, though, if you feel more comfortable waiting until the threads seem to die down from the initial batch of complaints, then I see no reason not to wait. It's entirely up to you.

flacousa

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I must be the luckiest guy, got mine at Staples the week the N7 was released, I have a C60 and so far no screen separation, no color bleed, no WiFi problems, no oily stain, no unresponsive screen, no scratches (still bare), not blown speaker. Maybe I should have bought a lotto ticket the same day...

Sent from my Nexus 7

Ravynmagi

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Whether to buy probably depends on your level of OCD. Most people probably aren't bothered at all by the minor defects with the tablet. Super OCD types are going crazy over the tiny raised edge on the left side or the washed out look. :)

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I would just go buy one at a local store, then pull it out of the package when you get to your car and look for screen separation, and make sure it boots fine. If not, take it right back in. The issues with these have been way overblown. The complainers complain loudly, those happy with their devices mostly just use them & don't hunt down a forum to whine about them on.

The mentioned high rating on Amazon is a better gauge than the number of people complaining on a forum. I've seen the same thing with cars - those with problems seek out a forum, and before you know it, it sounds like that particular car the forum is focused on must be a piece of crap, because there are a lot more problem threads than praise threads. But it's not proportional to real life.

Reactions: cindave

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I must be the luckiest guy, got mine at Staples the week the N7 was released, I have a C60 and so far no screen separation, no color bleed, no WiFi problems, no oily stain, no unresponsive screen, no scratches (still bare), not blown speaker. Maybe I should have bought a lotto ticket the same day...

I got an early one. The c60 batch and got no problems with mine. *knock on wood*

Count me in as one of the lucky C60 owners too. No issues whatsoever. It's been used a lot and taken with me places, so if something was going to happen it would have by now.

smoothlander1

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
I order my 8Gb Nexus directly from Nexus last week (August 19) and received S/N: C50. Yeah, it's got the slight screen separation on the left side....which I didn't even notice until I started reading this forum...lol.
Converted from a Playbook. Couldn't be happier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38