Bookmark help

StreetRodder

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
"You can however export your bookmarks from IE on the PC to chrome web browser on the PC and have it sync to your N7."

I downloaded Chrome to my PC. Tried to export my favorites to it. They showed up one time on my Nexus 7. Now I can't find them. So removed Chrome from my PC and want to start over again.

I hope someone here will be willing to post a step by step on how to download Chrome, export favorites from IE to Chrome on PC. Then how to get them on Chrome on Nexus. Then how to find and save them so I can find and use them.

When I did it the first time they showed up in a drop down link on tool bar. In IE they showed up on the tool bar and you clicked it and it showed them in a drop down list so you could click the one you wanted to open.

I know this my sound silly to you here, but I want my favorites on my tablet in a place where I can find them.

I hope someone will be willing to undertake this task. Thanks

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
1. Install Chrome from here https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/
2. open chrome and click on the menu(3 lines parallel to omnibox, ie address bar )-->bookmarks-->Import Book marks and settings
chromewindows8.png
3. select IE and click import.

All your bookmarks will be on a folder but your bookmark bar will be hidden. so do this if its hidden.

Menu-->bookmarks-->Show bookmark bar is checked

Menu-->bookmarks-->Bookmark Manager

move all bookmarks from the IE folder to "Bookmark bar" folder. you can multiselect. After doing this delete IE folder that was created during import.

Now,

1. click Menu-->Signin to chrome
2. click signin to google--> then Login

In Nexus 7 open chrome-->Menu-->Bookmarks.

it will open Mobile book mark. click the bookmark on top Bookmarks-->Mobile Bookmark

you will see three folders. click desktop bookmark. you will have all bookmark.

StreetRodder

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Thank you very much for the help. I'm off to bed now but will give it a try tomorrow. Just reading your post, it looks like the info I need. Again Thanks.

StreetRodder

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks so much Still1. It took a time or too but I now have my Favorites on my Nexus 7. I'm very happy with this in the Icon form with the name under it. But let me push my luck and ask another ? Is there a way to change the view to a list like IE?

Many thanks again for the help.

StreetRodder

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
OK, back to the drawing board. The Chrome on my computer has the folder there with my Favorites on the address bar. Have shut down and back on and they are there. So it look like Chrome on computer is working fine.

I had the Favorites on my Nexus 7, and I asked the above ? Now I can't find them. Chrome opens with a Search or type URL. Below it shows Bookmarks > Mobile Bookmarks. Down on the bottom it shows a blue line above Bookmarks. But no Favorites, so could you help me again with this problem. And again I'm off to bed, will check tomorrow.

Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure your Nexus 7 is set to Auto-sync data? Go to Settings->Data usage, and hit the menu button at the top right (the 3 vertical dots). Make sure "auto-sync data" is checked. If it isn't checked, then Chrome can't sync its bookmarks with your desktop's Chrome.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Go back to Chrome on your Nexus 7. If the bookmark screen is on Bookmarks>Mobile bookmarks, touch the word "Bookmarks," which will back you up to the main Bookmarks page. You should be able to see the Desktop bookmarks folder there.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Incognito mode shouldn't be necessary to show your synced Favorites bookmark folder from your desktop Chrome. So are you saying that you can find your imported bookmark folder named "Favorites" under Bookmarks->Desktop Bookmarks?

tveeta

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Just chiming in, since I found the best way to export bookmarks.
I am a full time mom so I don;lt have the time to play around with the bookmark export app. It showed Bookmarks, but not the actual bookmarks. I uninstalled the app.
I uploaded my bookmarks to my Google Drive as a Google Doc, opened it in my Nexus Chrome, and bookmarked it as "book"
Every time I say or type book, I am almost immediately inside the bookmarks. They are shown in really compact format, like each topic bunched in paragraphs. I llllove it.