Can I use a Straight Talk Sim Card/Plan on my Nexus 7 3G?

bcbenton

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I have a Nexus 7 3G and am in the US. I want to add a data plan to my tablet. It came with an AT&T Sim Card that can have a 3 GB or 5GB plan for either $30 or $50 per month respectively. Since Straight Talk is AT&T compatible and have unlimited data plans for $45 per month, I was wondering if it would work on the Nexus 7? It's unlimited data, but I wouldn't use the SMS or the Voice. Has anyone tried this or know if it would work or not?

Thanks.

darkoman4

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I though I would never say this but I really don't see any reason to try and use any other provider for tablet data other then AT&T. 10 $ per gigabyte is really OK, and no other carrier will give you better deal.
And if you try and use your phone sim in your tablet you expose yourself to an unnecessary trouble down the line. No provider will put up with that s... and rightfully so.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I though I would never say this but I really don't see any reason to try and use any other provider for tablet data other then AT&T. 10 $ per gigabyte is really OK, and no other carrier will give you better deal.
And if you try and use your phone sim in your tablet you expose yourself to an unnecessary trouble down the line. No provider will put up with that s... and rightfully so.

A) $10 per gigabyte sure sounds better than the $30/mo for 3GB that they offer. I bet they'd get a lot more people if you could get 1GB/$10/mo. I'd be more tempted, that's for sure.

B) I could see people not wanting AT&T either because of bad past experiences (name any carrier and you'll find people angry at them for some past experience), or because of coverage issues in different areas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa