Can?t update because of battery problem

dan1619889

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I recently bought a nexus 7 tablet, it came with android 4.1.2, and there is an update to 4.2, the problem is that my Tablet always shows low battery icon on top, and in settings, it always shows 0%, This is weird since I can use the tablet for hours without running out of battery.
So, every time I try to update, It says that the battery is too low, even when I plug it, It says I have to wait until the battery charges sufficiently.
Any idea of how to fix this problem? , I?ve try to reset to factory settings but nothing happen.

Thanks for any reply..!

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
keep it in charger and try to update.

run over battery and let it die by itself. then charge it full. the battery should re calibrate itself.

dan1619889

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
keep it in charger and try to update.

run over battery and let it die by itself. then charge it full. the battery should re calibrate itself.

Thanx for the reply, I have tried to keep it in charger but it says I have to wait until is charged sufficiently.

I will try to let the battery die and recharge it, I will then post the results..!

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
not a good idea.... find a thread on running the factory reset and try that until you get it to execute --- better idea

sounds like something needs fixing to me...

dan1619889

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
As info: Yesterday I let it charging all night, but nothing happen, it is still showing 0% battery and the low battery logo (even in the battery history graphic, it shows just a red line)...

thanx and what about unplugging the battery...? maybe is not well connected... or this looks like a software problem?
I have the idea to update it manually via CMD... do you think this will solve the problem...?

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
no idea really but it sounds like something is wrong with the OperatingSystem so a Factory RESET is really what is needed to eliminate that possible problem.

you really need to get that done to see if this is a hardware vs an OS / driver problem

dtac4mac

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Battery problem also!. Just got today at Walmart came home and will not charge. It did update while on charger but battery at 0% after to hours. Looks like ASUS have some defective batteries!
my last eight SN's are BC196809 what is your. It it close?

BostonDan2

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
The first Nexus 7 I bought for my daughters christmas gift had a bad screen flicker issue so I returned it on the December 23rd for a replacement. The replacement charged fine and my daughter opened it Christmas Eve. She played the replacement Christmas Eve, recharged it overnight, and then while playing it Christmas Day, it just died randomly. I don't know if she just ran the battery dead or how far down she ran the battery. I attempted to recharge it, however it would not hold a charge at all. While having it plugged in, I tried doing a factory reset before and after having it plugged in for over 24 hours, with no luck. Removing the charger caused the tablet to die instantly.

Back to Staples it went. Now I can't find a replacement 16GB anywhere and I have to she'll out the extra $50 and get the 32GB version. She is 7 years old and wont come close to using up the memory. If I didn't already have everyone buy her Google gift cards, I would have shelled out the extra cash for the iPad mini. Very disappointed in the quality.

Last year I had a bad experience myself with the Asus Transformer Prime and I ended up with the iPad 2. My experience with Asus tablet quality is really discouraging. It's a shame as when I was setting her replacement up on the 23rd I was considering buying a Nexus 7 for myself. I'm not considering the Nexus 7 for myself anymore.

dan1619889

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Thank you all for your answers...!!! Finally I solved it... After making a factory reset with not good results, I tried to update it manually, since I thought it was a software issue, but again not luck... Then, I try unplugging the battery... so I opened my nexus 7 and unplug the battery, and then I press the power button for 10 seconds and leave it there for about 10 minutes, after that I plugged it again and turned on the nexus 7 and WOW... the problem was solved....

Hope this helps other people with the same issue... once more, thanks everyone for the answers..!!!

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't suggest opening the nexus. It will void your warranty if you screw something up by opening it and they find out.

I would try a hard reset (power and volume down) or a factory reset. If that doesn't work, exchange it.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty