multiple user accounts using memory and slowing down OS.

Mbonne

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Please point me in the direction of an existing post if this question has already been answered. I've been looking on the forums for a couple hours now and can't find anything thats relating to this question specifically.

nb* Noob Android user here. Just recently jumped on the bandwagon. Competent Tech enthusiast.

It seems when switching user accounts on the Nexus 7 the system starts to lag.
I presume its using a feature like fast user switching. & Keeping a portion of memory locked for that user. I was wondering if there was a way to log out.. i.e. clear what was held in memory for that user.

Or will these user process be held in memory for a short time. and the longer that active user account is logged in. the Android OS will flush the memory.
Making use of whats, Inactive, Wired, In use, and Free memory. Juggling it accordingly.

Ideally - I want to close certain Apps quickly(freeing up memory) when logging out/or when the login process for the new account has occurred.

I've looked into Advanced Task Manager - I can see the other user processes. it Doesn't seem to have an option to kill it.
:-\
Using a N7 with latest OS and Nova launcher(enabled on both user accts)

Thanks in advance.

MB.

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
4.2 is the first attempt at multi-user on android. Clearly, there is still some work to do. Not sure if there is really anything to do other than wait for the next update though...

Mbonne

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
True.

I have also noticed that when downloading/pushing an app from the Play store online(from laptop) - the app installs onto any of the user accounts that seem to be the most recent one logged in. or in use.

I have it configured so we are using my play store/gmail account so we can share purchased apps.

But if I'm downloading an app for me to use when I next get a turn on the device, I find it has installed onto my girlfriends usr acct. Maybe a an extra button is required on the play store website to select what user(or both) to push the app to?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38