Gmail app with Multiple accounts

Rainey115

Oct 31, 2016
Visit site
Hi Guys

it's been a while since i been to this forum but just upgraded from an S5 G900V to an S9 G650U1.

And when setting up multiple accounts in Gmail it seemed different then i remembered. Maybe because new feature in the new OS and Apps. With the S5 and Gamil app i setup Google and my IPS mail accounts and the email account setting (server and ports) were able to be edited and were only stored or used in the Gmail app. This worked good.

But now with the S9 it seems when i setup the Gmail app and i add one of my Google accounts that was not the main account on this phone, it did not only get added to the Gmail app but also got added to the account list under the OS settings. It looked like it wanted to sync this S9 to any and all accounts it could find. I mean like phone sync not just email sync. Not sure that is a good idea or if it may cause any problems.
I could not find any way to disable the account from being added to the phone setting accounts list or to even edit the account setting in the Gmail app for things like POP server or port numbers unless it was an account type of Other.

Looking for a better app or reason why the above is not a problem.
So what is everybody using as a email client app, and will it setup multiple accounts without adding then all to the phone OS account list.

Thanks

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi Guys

it's been a while since i been to this forum but just upgraded from an S5 G900V to an S9 G650U1.

And when setting up multiple accounts in Gmail it seemed different then i remembered. Maybe because new feature in the new OS and Apps. With the S5 and Gamil app i setup Google and my IPS mail accounts and the email account setting (server and ports) were able to be edited and were only stored or used in the Gmail app. This worked good.

But now with the S9 it seems when i setup the Gmail app and i add one of my Google accounts that was not the main account on this phone, it did not only get added to the Gmail app but also got added to the account list under the OS settings. It looked like it wanted to sync this S9 to any and all accounts it could find. I mean like phone sync not just email sync. Not sure that is a good idea or if it may cause any problems.
I could not find any way to disable the account from being added to the phone setting accounts list or to even edit the account setting in the Gmail app for things like POP server or port numbers unless it was an account type of Other.

Looking for a better app or reason why the above is not a problem.
So what is everybody using as a email client app, and will it setup multiple accounts without adding then all to the phone OS account list.

Thanks
I'm setup with 2 gmail accounts but the first time I registered my device was with the main one I wanted to use and the other I can switch like in play store , but no issues as I can syn in accounts what I want sync.
Using gmail app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d