Sons stolen nexus 7

Michele Lester

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
How can I track my sons Nexus 7 tablet that was just stolen from a "FRIEND"???? I have all his warranty info and the #'s I registered it with.........my son is in tears !!!!!!PLEASE TELL ME I CAN DO SOMETHING!!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!!

haydnmorgan11

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Did he install Lookout Mobile or AVG? (Or similar app as they can locate the device if its connected to WiFi.)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

haydnmorgan11

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Well if location services are on you could try Google Latitude which runs through Google maps.... That way if your lucky and its connected to WiFi it might show where its been? I'm not sure

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Lil Jaye

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Did you report it to the police? I guess that's really all you can do now. The police can do a process of elimination and see who came in and out during the time frame the nexus was at his friends and go from there.

ziffos

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
The POLICE option MUST be your best choice - go down that road and they will at least help if possible - you will also need to have reported it to the police to ensure your insurance company helps with the replacement.

royal hussar

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
The police are not worth a penny IMHO. The best you can hope for now is that your son may have learned a valuable lesson at this early age. I know its devastating but children have no respect for their possessions nowadays if he did he would not have lent it. I am sorry for your loss. But just one thing are you covered on your house insurance ??? many people would be.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Stolen from a friend? I would be confronting that friend and getting my property back one way or another..if you know who has it then no reason you shouldn't get it back.

Sent from my amazing HTC

Unicorn Rancher

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
The police are not worth a penny IMHO. The best you can hope for now is that your son may have learned a valuable lesson at this early age. I know its devastating but children have no respect for their possessions nowadays if he did he would not have lent it. I am sorry for your loss. But just one thing are you covered on your house insurance ??? many people would be.
It's a low probability play but it's still worth filing a police report for the small chance it shows up. Also, many insurance policies want a police report for the claim, but to be honest the cost of a replacement N7 may be less than the deductible for homeowner or renter insurance. But if it was purchased with a card that has purchase protection, that's usually no deductible.

Also, if the thief is stupid and the N7 is still associated with your Play Store account, you may be able to push an app like Plan B to track the location.

Last edited:

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
The best you can hope for now is that your son may have learned a valuable lesson at this early age. I know its devastating but children have no respect for their possessions nowadays if he did he would not have lent it.
That's a rather harsh assumption and statement. Nowhere in her post did the OP state the specific circumstances of the theft. So don't blame it on the child, and don't even blame it on the friend. Perhaps, just perhaps, we should blame the theft on the thief.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
thank you so much dude...............my friend is a douche and my sons just broke up about it!!! Hes only 13! Thanks again!!!

The op did state that her friend was a douche which would lead us to think it was a boyfriend or ex that possibly stole it from her son...that's why the previous poster had probably been a bit harsh.

Sent from my amazing HTC

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
It's a low probability play but it's still worth filing a police report for the small chance it shows up. Also, many insurance policies want a police report for the claim, but to be honest the cost of a replacement N7 may be less than the deductible for homeowner or renter insurance. But if it was purchased with a card that has purchase protection, that's usually no deductible.

Also, if the thief is stupid and the N7 is still associated with your Play Store account, you may be able to push an app like Plan B to track the location.
Doesn't seem low if they know who took it.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
The op did state that her friend was a douche which would lead us to think it was a boyfriend or ex that possibly stole it from her son...that's why the previous poster had probably been a bit harsh.
No, what it leads up to believe is that she thinks her friend is a douche.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty