Google Search bar and Voice Search problem

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
As from today I suddenly got a Google search bar with the microphone for voice search on the end, all across the top. I followed an on-line guide telling me how to disable it, which I did in the apps (under the app Google Search). Now I still have the bar across the top but it doesn't do anything, no search, no microphone showing, nothing. So I thought I'd go back into settings to enable it again - but it's not there anymore to alter. Google Search, plus Voice Search have disappeared from my Apps altogether. I went to the App Store to get them again but it says "Already Installed". What on earth do I do now? I'm really worried!!! :(

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Try, in this order...

1. Reboot your N7, then see if everything is visible again, including the Google Search listing.
2. In the apps listing under system settings, swipe to the All apps panel instead of the default Downloaded apps panel. See if Google Search is listed there. You should also see an app listed as com.google.android.voicesearch. Be sure it's enabled.
3. In the Play Store, uninstall then reinstall Google Search.
4. Clear the device cache. Settings > Storage > Cached Data > OK

I hide the persistent search bar by using an option in Nova Launcher Prime, the alternate launcher that I use. Other launchers likely have the same option.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez