Nexus 7 e-reader?

Sunny Home

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
Is it true that de Nexus 7 is well suited as an e-reader? Normally tablets loose that function in the outside due to the sunlight. How is the Nexus 7 doing?

Zapflashgone

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I'd say it is about average in full light. You can read, but it's not optimum. Inside, it rocks. I don't find the backlight screen hard to read at all.
Whatever the format, there are going to be trade-offs. My Kindle3 is great most of the time and is my go-to unit for reading. It shines when you are outside, but with a three-way bulb on high over my left shoulder and windows "back" lighting the unit from in front of me, I find it hard to read. Up in bed at night, with just a side table light, it's not that great either. The Nexus7 is much better.
It is always about what is "right" for YOU.

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
The size of the Nexus 7 combined with the availability of several book stores make it a decent e-reader. The ergonomics make it comfortable to hold and the faux leather back makes it feels like you're carrying around a small leather bound book :).

Only drawback is the back lit display being a little harder on the eyes than e-ink (I normally switch to white on black mode when reading) and of course it's harder to read in bright sunlight.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

asus_usa

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I've tried reading ebook on both 7 and 10 inch tablets, and honestly, the 7 inch tablets are perfect for holding. The size and weigh make reading on a plane, bed, or sitting on the couch very comfortable. I've never really read outside so I can't comment on the screen, but size and weight-wise, it's very comfortable to hold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa