Forgot pattern lock - username/password wont work

Tushar Kaushik1

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
So I set a pattern lock on my Nexus 7 yesterday but I've already forgotten it so after trying the wrong pattern 5 times my Nexus 7 tells me to wait or choose the option Forgot my pattern. It then prompts me to enter my username (email) and password. I put in my primary gmail email address and its password but it keeps saying invalid username or password. What am I doing wrong?

it won't work until you are connected to the internet.... try to somehow connect to the net or just factory reset.

dianethestrange

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Here is a solution that worked for me. I have a Nexus 4 phone. My wifi and data were turned off so I could not use the "forgot your password" option. (Which, by the way will just give you the error message "incorrect username or password" even though they are correct). I had someone else put their SIM card in my phone, who already had wifi turned on. This allowed me to enter the incorrect passcode 3 times, and then click "forgot password" and retrieve it by entering my primary gmail address and password.

I hope this helps others. I was so upset when I believed my only option would be to reformat my phone and lose all of my photos. Finding this solution was a huge relief.

Kristi Weathersby

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
You are so awesome!!
Thanks so much. This works guys---just make sure you enter the spaces between the letters when entering the password.

I couldn't post her direct post bc I'm new but look for "a91030mom"--follow the directions if you have gmail linked to your phone..and you're in.

Last edited:

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
It would help to post in the right forum section.

If you can't remember your password, toy may have to do a factory reset on reboot. A Google search should bring up instructions.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Prisma Code

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue. I forgot that I had Google two factor authentication and I had a different p/w for my phone. So log into your google account from a pc and get them to issue a new p/w for your phone by revoking the old one and getting a new one, type it in when prompted again on the phone and you're good to go.

You can start here: https://accounts.google.com/b/0/SmsAuthSettings click on "turn off 2-step verification?"

You'll get this:
Turn off 2-step verification

You will no longer be asked for verification codes when you sign in to your @gmail.com account. Are you turning off 2-step verification because of trouble signing into your account on your phone, or accessing your account on other apps? You may need to use an <<application-specific password>> with devices and applications that don't know how to accept verification codes.​

<<application-specific password >> will have a hyper-link, click on that and that will get you to the right place to revoke the old p/w and get a new one.
THIS WORKS!!!! Android's lock screen password recovery does not yet support two-factor authentication. You must disable it to have your Google account credentials accepted by the lock-screen recovery form.

Daniel Burgess4

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
I forgot my pattern for screen lock and cant get into my phone. No credit to to use forgot pattern. Any ideas ������

Got the exact same problem. Had any luck?

Last edited by a moderator:

Extremepanda

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
How the hell,.... It's asking me to put my phone number but my phone is locked out ..... So how am I gonna get the verification code?

Btw I'm on Alcatel Pop2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall