Download Music from Google Music Player Library to N7

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I have first generation Nexus7 w/ 4.3 - getting music from my Google Play Library (uploaded from PC) back down to my N7 is agonizingly slow- must go to individual albums, then pin it to my device. There must be a better way, as I have 400 albums in my library and want to get them to the N7 - everything is synced and dont want to sideload, as that is a big issue w/ the Player. Thanks

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Yes, search is a powerful thing and smells a bit sardonic at times. - Of course I went through this process and most results will detail downloading from the PC Music Manager, which does not apply to the Nexus 7 tablet. Additionally, results will lead to the settings for Google Drive/N7 Player music sync, which I have set correctly. Individual albums may be pinned to the "device" and downloaded - I'm just looking for a quicker method. - I would appreciate any constructive response. regards

Groid

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Then why not just copy the music to the N7 from your pc? That is the fastest way. I just did a test copy of a 1.29 Gb file from my pc to my N7 using the original cable and a back port and it took 2 minutes. I'm sure your 400 albums are way more than that, but there would be no faster way. As to your comment about sideloading, is copying the music directly what you were referring to? I did that with my phone after uploading the music to Google Play Music and didn't have any issues with the player. I normally just choose 'On Device' with the phone and don't bother streaming. I do stream to the N7 on wifi or attach an OTG cable and microsd card with my music (which I copied directly from my pc to the microsd card in a reader) to use when not connected.

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
thanks for detailed response - for some resaon the Music Player has issues with PC loaded music (w/ USB/Micro cable and OTG, as I have gone through the process twice. About half the tunes get error messages - I finally just pinned everything and D/L all the music. Just thought there might be an App or something similar to the PC Music Manager which would expedite the process. Anyway, I've got my music on the N7, but man was that tedious !! Again thanks for assistance.....regards