Looking for some insight...

bigmac53

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I hope I am not beating a dead horse with this, but I am in the market for a small, 7 inch tablet, and have basically narrowed it down between the Nexus 7 and Kindle HDX. Now, let me just go ahead and say that I totally understand that these are two completely different beasts that have completely different capabilities and some may have a very hard time comparing the two. However, I do appreciate the advice and knowledge that the population of these forums has and was hoping that maybe hearing from all of you would help facilitate me making a decision on my purchase.

Some background, I have an Android phone and am definitely loyal to the OS, I love everything about it. So immediately, the Nexus 7 seems like the logical choice, everything will be synced seamlessly with my smartphone/Google account and I'll have basically no learning curve.

However, I am an Amazon prime member, and currently do not really utilize the full capabilities of my account outside of the free 2 day shipping on purchases, but I would certainly like to start using the account more for the content available.

Whichever tablet I buy will pretty much be solely used as a media/entertainment machine, I have a dedicated computer for personal use, and an ipad issued from work, so the new tablet will really only see light email usage outside of my general entertainment needs.

That being said, it the Kindle worth it for the Prime? Or does it make more sense to get the Nexus 7 for the Google Play store/syncing capabilities with my smartphone/account.

I appreciate any and all responses!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I hope I am not beating a dead horse with this, but I am in the market for a small, 7 inch tablet, and have basically narrowed it down between the Nexus 7 and Kindle HDX. Now, let me just go ahead and say that I totally understand that these are two completely different beasts that have completely different capabilities and some may have a very hard time comparing the two. However, I do appreciate the advice and knowledge that the population of these forums has and was hoping that maybe hearing from all of you would help facilitate me making a decision on my purchase.

Some background, I have an Android phone and am definitely loyal to the OS, I love everything about it. So immediately, the Nexus 7 seems like the logical choice, everything will be synced seamlessly with my smartphone/Google account and I'll have basically no learning curve.

However, I am an Amazon prime member, and currently do not really utilize the full capabilities of my account outside of the free 2 day shipping on purchases, but I would certainly like to start using the account more for the content available.

Whichever tablet I buy will pretty much be solely used as a media/entertainment machine, I have a dedicated computer for personal use, and an ipad issued from work, so the new tablet will really only see light email usage outside of my general entertainment needs.

That being said, it the Kindle worth it for the Prime? Or does it make more sense to get the Nexus 7 for the Google Play store/syncing capabilities with my smartphone/account.

I appreciate any and all responses!

I know there are several Amazon apps on Play. There is even a Kindle reader app. I think between these apps, you can utilize your Prime membership and the Nexus at the same time.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I think one of the primary advantages of the Fire would be that you can access Amazon Instant Videos, which is not available on the Nexus 7. So if you want to watch lots of movies on your device, get the Fire.

Posted via Android Central App

Microspeed

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I used to have amazon prime video on my nexus 7, side load flash and use boat browser, that said if you already have amazon prime, i think the performance of the movies are better on the fire. From your post i think you understand the fire is limited, but it is more for a user that just wants entertainment and get very little enjoyment out of fooling with this setting and that to get it to work for them. I have both and like them.

Just my 2 cents :)