Best site from which to purchase the new Nexus 7

amrunner4

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Curious if there is a consensus as to which vendor is the best option for purchase. consideration for availability, speed of delivery, return policy, etc.

Thanks

Unicorn Rancher

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Buying from a brick and mortar store will have the best speed of delivery. Sometimes the best price and return policy too, depending on the store and loyalty programs.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Curious if there is a consensus as to which vendor is the best option for purchase. consideration for availability, speed of delivery, return policy, etc.

Thanks

I have bought 2 Galaxy nexus phones, a Nexus 10 and the Nexus 7 (2013) direct from Google with nary an issue. One of the phones I received the next day.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I look at brick and mortar first (yes, stores hate me) and if it's much cheaper online I'll buy it online. Stores are much more competitive now, they just can't compete with the inventory available online like cases; especially when it comes to phones. Mt first N7 2013 locked up and rebooted whenever I'd take a picture...Took it back and got a new one in 15 minutes. Good luck doing that with one you buy online if it's defective.

Lactose The Intolerant

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I look at brick and mortar first (yes, stores hate me) and if it's much cheaper online I'll buy it online. Stores are much more competitive now, they just can't compete with the inventory available online like cases; especially when it comes to phones. Mt first N7 2013 locked up and rebooted whenever I'd take a picture...Took it back and got a new one in 15 minutes. Good luck doing that with one you buy online if it's defective.

Several big box stores have "we pricematch online quotes!" policies... I pull up the item online on my phone, waltz into Best Buy and BOOM -- instant gratification at the best price possible.

From Best Buy's website:
If you find a lower price on a qualifying product at a local retail competitor's store or a designated major online retailer, we will match the price. At the time of purchase, we will match the current pre-tax price for new, identical, immediately available products from a local retail competitor's store and these designated major online retailers: Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, Frys.com, hhgregg.com, HP.com, HomeDepot.com, Lowes.com, Newegg.com, OfficeDepot.com, OfficeMax.com, Rakuten.com Shopping, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, TigerDirect.com and Walmart.com. We will match prices between our stores and BestBuy.com?. We will also match prices post purchase if we lower our price within 15 days of your purchase.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Online advantage: possibly price, no sales tax
Local advantage: Instant gratification, much easier returns/exchanges

If I were ordering online, I'd probably either be ordering from Google Play or Amazon, unless I could find another site I trusted with a lower price.

Joe Michael

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I don't know where you live, but if you're in an area that has a Micro Center store, check them out. I got my 7 from them as a "refurbished" model. One that was sold and then returned for some reason, usually because the purchaser didn't want or like the unit. Micro Center sends it back to to Asus to make sure there is nothing wrong then sends it back to the store to be sold. Except for the yellow sticker on the original box, it was just like new. The only difference was that they take one month off the regular warranty, and, of course, the price....I saved over $50 compared to any price that I saw anywhere else. I've had zero problems with the unit since I got it about 2 weeks ago. I've always had the belief that if something is going to go wrong with a piece of electronic equipment, it will happen in the first day or so if it's going to happen at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89