Best choice for an eReader (manga/books)?

Satou

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Ive got a few questions regarding the Nexus 7. I'm in the Navy and spend quite a bit of time underway. On my down time, I like to read, though reading online is a bit of a hassle. I've been looking around the past week at tablets and eReaders and have come to the conclusion that the N7(2013) is probably the best choice for what I need. I plan on downloading manga and books to read. I'm just curious if anyone uses theirs as mostly a reader and can give me some input on how it is, essential apps or if there's any bugs. I've also been looking at the newest note 3 that came out, but I really don't need a smartphone and the Nx10 and No10.1 (2014) are a bit to big to really be portable (will be carrying it in my uniform cargo pocket). I'm sure some of these questions sound stupid but I don't own a smart phone nor have I ever owned a tablet. Any other input is also welcomed and appreciated.

Adamsberg

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Most convenient would be a reader app like Kindle or Google Books, for buying and reading books.
If you've own eBooks it's depending of their formats which reader to choose.
Same for Manga.

BrandonEnr7

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I use Kindle for all my readings. To be honest I've never heard of Manga. Kindle works great cause it can read books you buy from Amazon and also you can video PDF files. You can send files even to be sent to your device through the Kindle app. I haven't really use the Google Play app before so I cannot comment on it unfortunately.

Posted via Android Central App

MacSteveT

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Moon+Reader Pro is the best reader app I have found for my N7. Very customizable and easy to use.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

ollieg

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
most readers install w/free books so you can compare for yourself based on your own preferences.

My Nexus 7 serves mostly as a reader, both books and Goggle Currents feed reader. As you point out, it's the perfect size for cargo pants pockets.

I've used the Kindle, Google and Kobo readers. I've stuck with Kobo because I'm able to buy my books from my local independent bookstore as Kobo ebooks. Since my reading needs are simple there's nothing I miss between the readers.

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm still looking for a good Manga aggregator. there are a bunch on the Play Store, but none that have stayed updated to match the new UI guidelines.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87