Nexus 7: Where Are My Data Files? How Delete Them?

TomBrooklyn

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
How do I find my data files? And how do I delete them once I find them?

I am interested in knowing where all of them are at all times; but of immediate interest to me is to find several audiobooks I downloaded and now want to delete. I am listening to the audiobooks via an app I DL'd called Smart Audiobooks. One cannot manage files from there apparently.

I found a built in-app in the place accessed by the 6 dots in a circle called Downloads. There was only one file in there, and it was unknown to me. I could not find a way to delete it.

I knew to look for downloads by searching this forum. But that solution did not work.

Last edited by a moderator:

NoraMelua

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Install a file manager and delete unwanted files from there. Solid Explorer or ES File Explorer are both great apps and should do the trick. You still have to find the exact location of your audio books, but that should be easy.

Btw, you can delete files from the downloads section by pressing the filename for one or two seconds.

Posted via Android Central App

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: Where Are My Data Files? How Delete Them?

Be careful when deleting files with a file manager app. That sometimes leave little related bits still on the phone/tablet. It is always best to delete files from the app that put them there in the first place.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Install a file manager and delete unwanted files from there. Solid Explorer or ES File Explorer are both great apps and should do the trick. You still have to find the exact location of your audio books, but that should be easy.

It's not easy to find the audio book files, it's impossible, at least the audio books that are included from Google Books with the N7.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

TomBrooklyn

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
I transferred the audiobooks to the tablet via Windows Explorer from my PC. I didn't use the app to get them. I just use the app to play them.

I have been using the same procedure for some videos and music files. After I transfer the files to the tablet, the app I am going to use to watch or listen to them just seems to find them and sort them out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty