Delete Photos from Gallery

buffee

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Seriously? Should it be this hard. With my Google 7 2012, there is a trashcan and you just move the photo to that. I spent two hours today attempting to delete one photo! I mean come on, wheres the trash can????? Help please. Thanks:mad:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Long-pressing the photo is the easiest way, and will bring up the trash can icon at the top, as mentioned above. You can also multi-select photos after long-pressing the first one. This should work on either the Gallery app or the Photos app.

buffee

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
already tried that. I held it forever..there is NO DELETE or TRASHCAN anywhere even when you clock on MORE...it lists a million things but not delete. I don't understand why the 2012 had a trashcan option but the 2013 doesn't.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, which app are you using? Gallery or Photos? Gallery is the older app based on the original Android Gallery. Photos is part of Google+.

If you're using Gallery, are you looking at a photo that is locally stored on your device, or a photo stored in your Google+/Picasa cloud album? Gallery can't delete cloud photos. But you can with the Photos app.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
And are you certain the photo you're trying to delete is locally stored on your Nexus 7, as opposed to being stored in the cloud in your Google+/Picasa albums?

Ronnie2

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Oh I think I know what the problem is. In the top left corner under the folder name (camera) does it say grid view or filmstrip view? If its filmstrip view change it to grid view. For some reason it will only allow me to select and delete pictures in grid view.
Long press on the picture and a bunch of icons including the trash can will be on the upper right.

Edit- You can also just swipe downwards in filmstrip view to delete photos. I even has an undo button if u swiped down on accident.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Good catch. In Filmstrip View, you can't long press, but you can still press the menu button and select Delete from there.

What I mentioned before about local vs cloud photos in Gallery is still valid, though. If you're viewing a cloud album in Gallery, you can't swipe the photo away in Filmstrip View, nor is the Delete option available in the menu.

Posted via Android Central App--please excuse the brevity and any typos!

Deeyelljay

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I have been trying for four months to delete photos of record album covers from gallery on my Galaxy tab 2 10.1 but without success. These photos carry the Dropbox logo but do not appear in Dropbox or Google+, Photos or Picasa. In desparation I restored factory settings without backing up any files. The photos have re-appeared. Help please?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I have been trying for four months to delete photos of record album covers from gallery on my Galaxy tab 2 10.1 but without success. These photos carry the Dropbox logo but do not appear in Dropbox or Google+, Photos or Picasa. In desparation I restored factory settings without backing up any files. The photos have re-appeared. Help please?

Welcome to Android Central! You'd be better off creating a new thread in the Tab 2 subforum: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Do you actually own these music albums? Are they stored on your device, or in a cloud music library somewhere?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez