Disabling 5.0.1 Update

brndnttr

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys so I don't want to update to 5.0.1 however it keeps prompting me to. I am rooted and I have a twrp recovery installed with an over clocking kernel so I can't update even if I want to, Is there any way to disable the notification that I should update?

novahob

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Got mine today and when pulling down on the notification there was an option to install or click later. Clicked later and no more notification

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

brndnttr

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
What I did is use root explorer to view the build.prop and changed 1 lime of text to trick the ota into thinking I already had the update then deleted the already downloaded update files

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Got mine today and when pulling down on the notification there was an option to install or click later. Clicked later and no more notification

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Yes but it keeps coming back. Not a big deal to just click later again every once in a while. I gave been doing this for the last several days actually. I am too scared to update. My tablet is fine on kit Kat and I don't want to mess up a good thing with all the bad things I have read about lollipop.

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Yes but it keeps coming back. Not a big deal to just click later again every once in a while. I gave been doing this for the last several days actually. I am too scared to update. My tablet is fine on kit Kat and I don't want to mess up a good thing with all the bad things I have read about lollipop.

There were some bugs in 5.0, but 5.01 is superb. Much, much better than Kit Kat. I had a lot of issues with Kit Kat, but upgrading to Lollipop cured them.

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
There were some bugs in 5.0, but 5.01 is superb. Much, much better than Kit Kat. I had a lot of issues with Kit Kat, but upgrading to Lollipop cured them.

Yeah updating is a no brainer for performance.

Posted from my Nexus 7 2013 via Android Central App