Why does my device keep restoring itself to a previous state?

Pietrak

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Device keeps restoring itself to previous state

Hi there,

I'm having some really weird problems with my Nexus 7 II tablet. First of all, it keeps crashing/restarting itself seemingly at random. Next, the device somehow keeps restoring to the state it was on the morning of 14th of December each time it crashes/restarts. Examples:
- I've installed a new a app yesterday evening. Tablet crashed. After it restarted the app was not installed at all.
- I've made some progress in a game. Tablet crashed. After it restarted all the progress was gone, like I didn't play at all.

I figured that I will do a soft factory reset. I went into the apropriate menus, picked the reset option, confirmed that I want all my personal data removed. The tablet rebooted. After reboot, all my data is still in place.

Next thing I figured I'll do a hard reset. Got into bootloader, picked Recovery Mode, picked the hard reset option, confirmed that I want everything deleted and purged. Device rebooted. All my data is still in place, nothing has been reset.

So: factory reset doesn't work. Hard reset doesn't work. Tablet keeps crashing at random and restoring to a previous state of data.

Any ideas how can I fix this on my own?

EDIT: Running Androd 5.0 version. I didn't have any problems since the 5.0 update until now.

Pietrak

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: Device keeps restoring itself to previous state

Thanks for the reply, but it didn't help. I've done everything as per instructions in your link, but after flashing the bootloader .img file and then the actual system .zip file my tablet rebooted right into it's previous state. Nothing was wiped, nothing was installed. Do you have any further advice?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Device keeps restoring itself to previous state

Sorry, I'm out of ideas. There are probably others who have more suggestions. Good luck!

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I actually would recommend flashing the old 444 image and staying there or try going to 501 again

Posted via the Android Central App

Pietrak

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
I actually would recommend flashing the old 444 image and staying there or try going to 501 again

Posted via the Android Central App

Also tried that, but the 444 image requires the 04-02 bootloader and my tablet refused to downgrade the bootloader from 04-04. I've reached my "fed up" point after that, so I'm sending my tablet to warranty service. If warranty service tells me anything about the cause/solution of the issue I'll be sure to report it here.

Cheers.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87