Major Battery Drain

tommo800

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Hi, any help here would be greatly appreciated. For no obvious reason that I can think of, my Nexus 7's battery has begun to drain ridiculously quickly for the last week or so.

I've attached a screenshot showing battery usage from this morning. It was fully charged at 10pm last night, was not used at all since (although wifi was still on), all background apps were stopped etc. Ordinarily I'd expect that to have been around 95% this morning, but it was down to 62% and shows that, if kept idle, it'll drain by 9pm tonight. (The spotify icon in notifications is only that, a notification, it's not running at all).

Weirdly though, the usage stats only tally up to 3%. I don't understand! Anyone have any suggestions as to what might be happening here? I've had it around 16 months and battery drain does fluctuate a little, but nothing to this extent.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-10-07-07-21.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-10-07-07-21.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 45

patchs

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Seems to be the same thing with my Nexus 7 2013. From full charge to 12 percent in about 13 hours with only the battery settings app open. Wish I had a solution

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• 151621.jpg
    151621.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 36

RattleSnake506

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Thank you guys for posting this. I've had a similar problem from a while on 5.02. I even reset the device once after updating. Even though I keep "WiFi off when sleeping" setting on, it still continues to drain the battery and the major culprit is either Google play services or android OS. I don't know what I can do. I've turned off all possible syncs off. I hope 5.1 fixes this drain.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

douglerner

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Ever since I upgraded to 5 I've had major battery drains, even after a factory reset. I thought the latest 5.1 might help, but it's just as bad. Basically I'm having the same thing you guys are. I don't know what to do with this device anymore. I just basically don't use it anymore because of the battery drain. Presumably the charging recycles are very low still, so I have no idea what's going on. I just use my iPhone and iPad lately.

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38