Google Nexus 9 no hdmi

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: no hdmi

The Nexus 7 (2013) tablet didn't have HDMI outputs, however, you can use an adapter to get HDMI out. Mini USB to HDMI.

J

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

It's actually a little strange because HTC tablets tend to come with a dedicated miniHDMI port. I bet if anything, Google doesn't want it included.

But I just tested the screen mirror feature from my Moto X to my Roku 3, which have dualband 5GHz WiFi. Considering the Nexus Player will receive screen mirror like the Chromecast, but with better dualband WiFi, this may be an acceptable alternative to HDMI.

Or of course, you could just use the Nexus Player, which would be connected to your TV already and have bluetooth and gamepad support, it look like it will have full Playstore support by the look of it.

fm123

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

Why do you need HDMI out? Just use your chromcast and do a screen cast.

Latency would be high if you are playing games (not even sure you can play games over Chromecast, I don't have one). It's cheaper to just use a cable (such as with Nvidia shield). But for just viewing movies or website, mirroring could be okay.

Natasha Sinicky

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site

can I do this: Emulate from nexus 7, watch it on tv, play via wired xbox 360 controller. I've been trying to make this happen. How can I do this?

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site

Latency would be high if you are playing games (not even sure you can play games over Chromecast, I don't have one). It's cheaper to just use a cable (such as with Nvidia shield). But for just viewing movies or website, mirroring could be okay.

Game Latency is a reasons the new Nexus Player makes sense over the Chromecast. The Nexus Player will have some processing power of its own. Google bills the Nexus Player as "a first-of-its-kind Android gaming device".

Chromecast doesn’t have much processing power because that device relies on a simple video stream being pushed to it via the internet like YouTube & Netflix. The Nexus Player, on the other hand, would allow you to stream from a NAS on your network. Chromecast can only do this if you have a streamer that can transcode video on the fly, like a powerful computer or high-end NAS drive.

Gaming would be practical on the new Nexus Player, because it’s a reasonably high-spec quad-core, 1.8GHz Intel INTC +1.41% Atom processor. You can’t really game on the Chromecast, because it has no real processing power, and while you can stream from a phone, the latency is just too great for it to work well.

More info for Nexus Player with Gaming.. http://www.dailytech.com/Google+Off...roid+SetTop+Streaming+Gaming/article36724.htm

Last edited:

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site

We used my N10 with HDMI out to watch Netflix at a hotel this summer. Chromecasts are notoriously difficult to set up if the hotel has a login screen.

Posted via Android Central App

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

The N7 2013, N4 and N5 all used Slimport, which is a competitor to MHL that allows you to use an adapter to connect your phone to HDMI via the usb port. They haven't announced if the Nexus 9 will have support for it unfortunately.

If it's a key feature for you, I would look elsewhere. The Nvidia Shield Tablet, which a lot of people are comparing this to, has HDMI and even has an alternate interface designed for use with a controller when you switch to HDMI.