pulsing screen

ezzzzz

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
anybody notice when u are on a white screen(like amazon) the screen kinda flickers. it is very subtle. adaptive screen is off. shud I be worried??

Posted via the Android Central App with my Moto X G1

jsgiv

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
anybody notice when u are on a white screen(like amazon) the screen kinda flickers. it is very subtle. adaptive screen is off. shud I be worried??

Posted via the Android Central App with my Moto X G1

This is what drove me to return mine. My eyes are super sensitive to flickering and when this started on the tablet (with all the other issues) I finally gave up and returned it. Hoping that all these issues can be fixed in order to get one at a later date.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ezzzzz

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
so I ordered an exchange from Amazon and yesterday after I placed the order it was still flickering very subtle. Then I went to work using all day had over 5 hours screen time which is the most I've ever had on this thing and it didn't flicker even once. So now I don't know what to do should I keep the new one or keep this one I guess I'll see how much light bleed it has and depending on which one is worse, I'll keep the better one.

Posted via my Nexus 9

geomatrix

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
so I ordered an exchange from Amazon and yesterday after I placed the order it was still flickering very subtle. Then I went to work using all day had over 5 hours screen time which is the most I've ever had on this thing and it didn't flicker even once. So now I don't know what to do should I keep the new one or keep this one I guess I'll see how much light bleed it has and depending on which one is worse, I'll keep the better one.

Posted via my Nexus 9

The flicker happens on a certain level of brightness I noticed. Try going really high then gradually come down. Its not an ideal solution but I believe this is software based

Posted via the Android Central App

ezzzzz

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
The flicker happens on a certain level of brightness I noticed. Try going really high then gradually come down. Its not an ideal solution but I believe this is software based

Posted via the Android Central App

Do you notice it more on the low end of brightness that's where I normally keep it

Posted via my Nexus 9

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site

Posted via my Nexus 9

That's the great thing about amazon. You have time so you can play with both and decide which one you are going to keep. That's what I did a few times with Samsung g devices I bought from them.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I have this too and it is definitely software. Either turning adaptive. Brightness on and off or just manually adjusting the screen brightness gets it to stop for a while. I am hoping 5.0.2 fixes this. Anybody know when we are getting it?

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
For what its worth, I had read a week or so back that google postponed further 5.0.2 roll outs. Its possible that a 5.0.3 or 5.1 update will be issued sooner or later to crush ever prevalent bugs... Take that with a grain of salt though ;)

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I just hope some update comes soon enough to iron out these bugs. I have noticed quite a few. I do like the tablet however and most likely am going to keep it and hope for the best. :)