Screen Completely Broken. Access via PC? HELP!!!

NHP1975

Oct 31, 2023
Visit site
Hi everyone.

I have Xiaomi RedMe 9S. The screen got damaged. othing is even remotely readible. I've looked at many of the posts on here regarding broken screens and none of them appeared to be of any help. Many relied on a very specific tip or trick.

CURRENT STATUS OF PHONE:
It powers up.
The screen is totally broken, Only sections of the screen light up and are unreadible.
I used a swipe pattern to unlock the device.
The Wi-fi is not on.
I can't be sure but I think Mobile Data (4G) is turned on.
The power button and sound up/down buttons are also damaged.

I have accessed it before via my PC. However, when plugged into the computer it requires me to select how I want to connect to the PC on the phone screen!
I have a Google account on it. I've tried accessing it via that but it won't connect. (Perhaps Mobile Data isn;t working/turned off).

QUESTION:
Is there any way to access the data on it?
P.S. Literally every site I've looked at after Googling the question takes me to sites that ALL contain instructions on pressing things on the phone screen. DUH.

QUESTION 2:
I have a new android phone on the way. I'm told I can transfer everything to the new one by linking the two phones via USB cable. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance.

Neil

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try the method described in this old thread, which might still work today: https://forums.androidcentral.com/t...-a-locked-phone-with-a-cracked-screen.376515/

You can transfer data via USB when setting up a new phone, but that might require the old phone to be unlocked. (I can't remember for sure, but it seems likely.)

FYI, I merged a duplicate thread you created in the Ask A Question forum into the one you created for the Xiaomi forum, to prevent parallel discussions.