10-02-2017 11:55 PM
231 123 ...
tools
    Google is pretty determined to make their phones "simpler". No microSD, no removable battery, and now no headphone jack. Are you still going to buy it?
    05-25-2017 04:26 PM
    Google is pretty determined to make their phones "simpler". No microSD, no removable battery, and now no headphone jack. Are you still going to buy it?
    Source ?

Also I don't care. I haven't plugged in headphones with my last few phones.
    05-25-2017 05:18 PM
    Source ?

You probably don't listen to music. Unless you have Bluetooth headsets and charging it all the time
    05-25-2017 06:50 PM
    Source ?

When asked Google said no comment
    05-25-2017 06:52 PM
    You probably don't listen to music. Unless you have Bluetooth headsets and charging it all the time
    I have a BT headset. I get home from work and charge it .. Then take it the next day. Lasts me all day. I have actually gone 2 days with it .

When asked Google said no comment
    So no real source -- just speculation. Got it :P.
    Ry and jamezr like this.
    05-25-2017 06:55 PM
    I listen to music. My Moto Z doesn't​ have a headphone jack.
    Aquila likes this.
    05-25-2017 07:18 PM
    I listen to music. My Moto Z doesn't​ have a headphone jack.
    You might like the new HTC, although HTC has been doing terrible because of headphone jack removal.
    05-25-2017 10:46 PM
    You might like the new HTC, although HTC has been doing terrible because of headphone jack removal.
    Why? I have a Moto Z.
    05-26-2017 12:11 AM
    I very rarely use the headphone jack, only when my headphone battery dies, and that only happens on really long days. I would be fine with removing the headphone jack on any phone.
    Wilson Nightstand likes this.
    05-26-2017 08:56 AM
    I do not buy a phone based on whether it has a headphone jack or not. That being said, yes I am still going to buy it even though I know absolutely nothing about the new model. It is a Pixel and that is good enough for meツ

On a side note, old technology has to be shed from time to time to make way for new technology.
    Aquila likes this.
    05-26-2017 09:20 AM
    The market seems a little 50 / 50 at this point on whether or not to include a headphone jack on their latest flagship devices. For right now, I think it's important for device OEMs to keep the headphone jack, not because we 'need' it but just have it as an option. 😃

I personally use my headphone jack fairly often and it would be a shame to see it go but it wouldn't stop me from purchasing the next Google Pixel. I have seen USB-C to 3.5mm converters so that would help ease the transition.
    recDNA likes this.
    05-26-2017 12:07 PM
    The market seems a little 50 / 50 at this point on whether or not to include a headphone jack on their latest flagship devices. For right now, I think it's important for device OEMs to keep the headphone jack, not because we 'need' it but just have it as an option.

I personally use my headphone jack fairly often and it would be a shame to see it go but it wouldn't stop me from purchasing the next Google Pixel. I have seen USB-C to 3.5mm converters so that would help ease the transition.
    Headphone jack are very simple. Plug it in and it works. We've all loved that 3.5mm headphone jack ever since it was invented. Apple removed it because of money; they will make money from 3rd party manufacturers from licenses, and selling their own product. HTC did it because they wanted to improve sound quality. However, LG was able to improve the quality without sacrificing.

By the way, being exposed to Bluetooth all the time is bad. Who knows what would happen. Did you see the video of everyone calling on their cell phones all at once? Yeah popcorn pops.
    06-01-2017 05:39 PM
    By the way, being exposed to Bluetooth all the time is bad. Who knows what would happen. Did you see the video of everyone calling on their cell phones all at once? Yeah popcorn pops.
    Being exposed to cell phones would be worse then, right?
    Aquila likes this.
    06-01-2017 06:15 PM
    Being exposed to cell phones would be worse then, right?
    No, a cell phone is not next to your brain on your head for an extended period of time. I prefer wired headphones instead of invisible rays beaming through my head, thanks.
    06-01-2017 10:59 PM
    I'll still be interested in it. Sounds like removal of the headphone jack will be more and more apparent in phones going forward.
    06-04-2017 03:10 AM
    Yup, its not a deal breaker for me
    Aquila likes this.
    07-29-2017 05:09 AM
    Just put your aluminum foil hat on. Then the government can't read your brain wave eiter.
    Enjoy your microwaved brain!
    07-29-2017 10:11 AM
    Yup, its not a deal breaker for me
    Have fun carrying the dongle around, if they even include it.
    07-29-2017 10:12 AM
    Have fun carrying the dongle around, if they even include it.
    I'd use bluetooth headphones to sync if/ or when I did listen to music on phone. That isn't to often.
    I didn't listen to music,, to often with wired headphones either.
    07-29-2017 10:32 AM
    I'd use bluetooth headphones to sync if/ or when I did listen to music on phone. That isn't to often.
    I didn't listen to music,, to often with wired headphones either.
    You're missing out. Also have fun charging the Bluetooth headphones daily
    07-29-2017 10:36 AM
    You're missing out. Also have fun charging the Bluetooth headphones daily
    Nope for me I'm not missing out, I wont have to daily charge. As I said in my post . I dont listen to music to much on phone
    07-29-2017 10:42 AM
    Nope for me I'm not missing out, I wont have to daily charge. As I said in my post . I dont listen to music to much on phone
    You're one of the few. Many will be disappointed the 3.5mm universal jack is gone. Just cause some people don't use it mean it should be eliminated.
    07-29-2017 11:13 AM
    You're one of the few. Many will be disappointed the 3.5mm universal jack is gone. Just cause some people don't use it mean it should be eliminated.
    I never said it should be eliminated . But it is ,what it is. I just said its not a deal breaker for me
    Aquila likes this.
    07-29-2017 11:22 AM
    If the quality of music is important and you have X$'s for headphones I believe you will find wired headphones to be vastly superior to Bluetooth of the same price.
    recDNA likes this.
    07-29-2017 05:17 PM
    I am ok with the removal of the headphone jack. no biggie
    07-29-2017 06:31 PM
231 123 ...