Pixel 2 sold in carrier stores in US? Any rumors?

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
So given the announcement is tomorrow, I thought I'd confirm this one more time since I always buy from Verizon, but I am considering ordering form Google this time. If I order from Google and activate on VZW, will all the VZW features work? (Advanced calling, VOLTE, etc) ?

There is a similar thread on the AT&T version which prompted me to ask again (and the answer there was "no" all the calling features wouldn't work for AT&T Pixels), but here I think the answer was "yes" all the VZW features would. Can anyone allay my fears and confirm one more time?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
So given the announcement is tomorrow, I thought I'd confirm this one more time since I always buy from Verizon, but I am considering ordering form Google this time. If I order from Google and activate on VZW, will all the VZW features work? (Advanced calling, VOLTE, etc) ?

There is a similar thread on the AT&T version which prompted me to ask again (and the answer there was "no" all the calling features wouldn't work for AT&T Pixels), but here I think the answer was "yes" all the VZW features would. Can anyone allay my fears and confirm one more time?

The features will work (VoLTE, WiFi calling, etc.) but Verizon won't "officially" support it since it isn't their version of the Pixel.

anon(10274434)

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
@dsignori - Out of curiosity, why buy from Google?

I am on VZW, and with the exception of the XL I grabbed during the "deal" Google had, I have always gotten phones from my local VZW store.

Capture.JPG

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
OK, so without "official" support, what would I be missing?

Nothing except if there were issues Verizon wouldn't troubleshoot the phone part since it isn't one of theirs. If you don't really have issues I don't see it being a problem. I used my Pixel on VZW when I had it and mine was a Google bought one.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
@dsignori - Out of curiosity, why buy from Google?

I am on VZW, and with the exception of the XL I grabbed during the "deal" Google had, I have always gotten phones from my local VZW store.

I give so much money to VZW now (5 family members), just considering splitting the payments a bit I guess. I may yet go with VZW.

anon(10274434)

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
I give so much money to VZW now (5 family members), just considering splitting the payments a bit I guess. I may yet go with VZW.

Thanks - I am always curious as to why people do things - I will probably go the VZW way again - store is within walking distance - I walk in as soon as they are available and walk out with a phone - would like to see the blue Pixel in person before I get it.

Good Luck with whatever you do.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

At the end of the day the money is paying for the phone. The money going to Google or Verizon doesn't really matter. I have 9 lines right now and they provide me service. I feel the trade of $ for service is fair :).

firebirder

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I will order mine from Google, for no real reason other than I don't want to give VZW more money. Also, I've heard positive stories of Google CS where VZW isn't always the easiest. However, my commitment isn't that strong so if I pre-order and it gets delayed, I have no problem walking into a VZW store, or Best Buy, so I can walk out with one sooner.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
At the end of the day the money is paying for the phone. The money going to Google or Verizon doesn't really matter. I have 9 lines right now and they provide me service. I feel the trade of $ for service is fair :).

Of course it's still paying for the phone. They provide me with service for my 5 phones now too. I was thinking of the potential of splitting a very large payment up is all. By the way, with my iPads, I actually pay VZW for 7 lines now ...

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Of course it's still paying for the phone. They provide me with service for my 5 phones now too. I was thinking of the potential of splitting a very large payment up is all. By the way, with my iPads, I actually pay VZW for 7 lines now ...

Hell I am glad I have 9 lines... it dropped the price down haha. My line costs me $33 w/ taxes and all. Hard to really complain.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I like the service too, I just wouldn't mind that monthly nut to be a bit smaller, even if I had to pay the rest separately ..

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Personally I don't mind it being Verizon exclusive, then John Legere will say bring the Pixel to T-Mobile and get $350 off like last year :)
I'll anyway buy from Google store so it'll be great if TMobile has the same $350 bill credit offer for Pixel 2 like last year.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Personally I don't mind it being Verizon exclusive, then John Legere will say bring the Pixel to T-Mobile and get $350 off like last year :)
I'll anyway buy from Google store so it'll be great if TMobile has the same $350 bill credit offer for Pixel 2 like last year.

From a tweet that John did last night it sounds like they may be carrying it this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa