Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL Pre Order / Shipping Discussion

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: I just ordered!

You are saying EXACTLY what I am thinking - but with much nicer language - how could any company screw things up this bad 2 years in a row?

Will wait a while and check out the local V store. Still not at all happy with the black front - :mad:

Lol; it's been the same all the way back to the Nexus 4. I have bought Nexus 4, 5, 6, 6P, 5X, and Pixel XL and always the same problem.

You might want to try the Fi store (fi.google.com). Often they have devices when the main store has already run out. The only rule there is that you have to activate it on an existing or new Fi account, but you can immediately cancel the account if you want to.

dannyar11

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Re: Sold out all models

snooze you lose. Got my order in for the XL 2 in black for delivery from Oct 20-23. Panda color was already backordered 6-7 weeks within minutes.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

Well, I guess this is the first and last time I try from the Google Store. Lesson learned. Back to VZW pre-ordering when it is up ..

p.s. Anyone know when VZW pre-orders will be up?

dannyar11

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Re: Pixel 2 Ordering Is Live

Got my order in for the black XL 2 at 1:33pm eastern with shipping on Oct 17th, arrives by oct 20-23. Panda color was already backordered 6-7 weeks as soon as sales went live.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: I just ordered my Pixel 2

I ordered mine. Verizon version - 128 GB XL - Panda. :D.

Receive Date: Oct. 26th

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

Snooze...? I choose... not to purchase it this time around. I'm sure I was one of the first with it in my cart when I decided against it for my own reasons. Looks great, just not for me this time around.

6sigma

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

Frustrating that Google was ready for orders before the show ended, but Project Fi wasn't ready for orders at the same time. A Five user was left wondering how to buy & still get early delivery. Did I mention frustrating?

ezeuzo1

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site

They're still there last I checked. At least the XL Black. But I want the XL White (panda) and those went quickly. I wish I knew that preordering was live as I was watching the event.

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

Well, I guess this is the first and last time I try from the Google Store. Lesson learned. Back to VZW pre-ordering when it is up ..

p.s. Anyone know when VZW pre-orders will be up?

"Verizon just announced that it's the only US wireless carrier to launch Google's brand new Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL phones. Customers who have the latest version of the My Verizon app and are on the latest plans can pre-order any of the two handsets as soon as today, October 4, beginning at 3 pm ET. Everyone else will be able to place pre-orders (online and in stores) starting tomorrow, October 5."

fyi, the lesson I learned is to be on the Play Store devices page during the announcement presentation, pressing F5 F5 F5 F5... and the page for the new devices will appear.

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: I just ordered my Pixel 2

I am trying but it has been sitting in thinking mode with the color circle on the screen for about 4 mins now second attempt to get the pixel 2 xl white/black 128gb.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech