Verizon apps pre-installed on Google unlocked phones

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I had three Verizon apps pre-installed on my unlocked Google phone: My Verizon, go90, and Message+. I was wondering if anyone else with a unlocked, non-Verizon phone had the same. I would assume it's part of their deal with Verizon?

anon(10274434)

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
I had three Verizon apps pre-installed on my unlocked Google phone: My Verizon, go90, and Message+. I was wondering if anyone else with a unlocked, non-Verizon phone had the same. I would assume it's part of their deal with Verizon?

Did you put a Verizon sim card in - if so - pretty sure that is when the apps arrvied

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
As said above it comes from seeing the Verizon SIM. With that said they can be fully uninstalled.

enderhexfyre

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Did the same on mine I'm pretty sure they just install wen you put in the Verizon sim.

nelamvr6

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I actually find the My Verizon app to be pretty handy sometimes, and I have never found it to be obtrusive. The other 2 will be gone real quick...

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
go90 is junk.

message+ is incredible in my opinion, allows me to text and call using my cell number from a tablet, and allows me to text using my number from Windows 10 tablets/laptops/desktops. It's great browsing the web on a large screen and getting a message the same time I do on my phone and viewing/replying without needing to pick my phone up.

My Verizon is extremely useful if the Verizon account is in your name.

Most other Verizon apps are a waste of space, well cloud is useful if you want to take advantage of the free cloud backups for nearly all information on your phone.

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
This may not be a big deal, but if anyone cares, you can setup the phone first and then insert the sim, if you don't want the apps to automatically install.

However, 2 of them are pretty useful, and, as others have already said, all 3 are easy to uninstall.

I normally setup my phone first, since I have service with a couple providers and like to change sims periodically.

sixty_four

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Lame. Don't the apps need permission to install? Or is the 8.0 permission model to ask for permissions when required during execution?