I am having phone app issues where the speaker is silent and only works on speaker phone. I found in the phone app settings under accessibility the hearing aid compatibility toggle was on and when I turned it off the speaker works during calls as it is supposed to. I don't know if the setting was on by default or not. I am asking if someone can check and see if that setting is on by default or not. I would also ask if it is not on to please turn it on and see if it mutes the speaker on top during a call. Any help troubleshooting this is appreciated.
    10-27-2017 11:33 PM
    Off by default turned on made call top speaker working did not place call on speaker phone, kids sleeping.
    Turned off again
    10-28-2017 12:20 AM
    So my phone does have a problem that is not normal and is indeed a defect. I thank you for helping me narrow that down. Appreciate it.
    10-28-2017 01:39 AM
    Thank you very much for your information. Have been fighting this issue going on four days now. I have done 5 factory resets not knowing this setting was causing my issue with loosing the ear speaker. It is off by Default but apparently would turn on at some point during the day as the phone would work for a few hours then the speaker was dead and would have to use the phone in speaker mode to hear the other person. Thank you.
    10-28-2017 08:48 AM
    Thank you very much for your information. Have been fighting this issue going on four days now. I have done 5 factory resets not knowing this setting was causing my issue with loosing the ear speaker. It is off by Default but apparently would turn on at some point during the day as the phone would work for a few hours then the speaker was dead and would have to use the phone in speaker mode to hear the other person. Thank you.
    Ok so this is not just my phone. Have you reported this to Google support?
    10-28-2017 02:17 PM
    Yes I did contact Google they told me if it persists to return the phone for an exchange. I purchased this phone form Verizon and returned it yesterday at a corporate store for a quick exchange. It wanted to switch back to hearing aid on when I would receive a call just randomly and for no reason. When we took the phone in the representative told us this was the second one he had exchanged with this issue yesterday.
    10-29-2017 01:20 AM
    So exactly what is happening so I can check mine? The earpiece speaker isn't working within a call?
    10-29-2017 08:05 AM
    Yes the earpiece speaker is silent when you call or receive a call. For the phone I had The Hearing aid mode turns on and the you cannot hear the person on the other end but you can turn on the speaker mode during the call and you can hear the other party perfectly. In the phone app where you make a call at the top right go to settings and then accessibility. You will see TTY and Hearing aid settings. Hope this helps
    10-29-2017 11:20 AM
    Thank you for the info....Verizon couldn't figure it out either. They had me do a factory reset and the silent earpiece speaker problem came back after one day for me as well! I just found my hearing aid setting was turned on, so I turned it off and problem solved! Thanks again.
    05-12-2019 10:27 PM