Long texts from iPhones comes in all stupid

bigbearballs

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
This happen to anyone else, messages mixed and broken up?
d860ca15f93647de6ae397856365f383.jpg

cyndie1030

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I use Verizon and this happens any time I get a non-Verizon message from anyone using an iPhone. Incredibly frustrating. I like puzzles and all but trying to figure out the order of these messages that get broken up is not fun.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Get this a lot as well from iOS. Usually just parsed out but sometimes jumbled up gibberish. May be Apples way of saying we don't want to play because this has been going on quite awhile.

ndonnine

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
You sure that person doesn't suck at texting?

Most likely what's happening is network/imessage related. iPhone is weird about texting sue to the imessage taking precedent for their messenger. Especially if you switched from an iPhone and their iPhone still thinks you're on messenger.

Also, "Stacy's mom has it going on" anyone?

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
You sure that person doesn't suck at texting?

Most likely what's happening is network/imessage related. iPhone is weird about texting sue to the imessage taking precedent for their messenger. Especially if you switched from an iPhone and their iPhone still thinks you're on messenger.

Also, "Stacy's mom has it going on" anyone?
Lol @ the song reference

Android-DJ

Nov 17, 2017
Visit site
I use Verizon and this happens any time I get a non-Verizon message from anyone using an iPhone. Incredibly frustrating. I like puzzles and all but trying to figure out the order of these messages that get broken up is not fun.
Yes I have the Google pixel 2 XL and my wife has an iPhone 7. When I get a text from her it comes in perfectly fine. When I get a text from my buddy who has the iPhone 8 plus on T-Mobile it comes in 15 different messages with half a word cut off and restart it on the second text and completely out of order LOL. I'm not sure if it's a network issue or what but it does seem that way since my wife's iPhone 7 works perfectly fine and we're both on Verizon.

independentvolume

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Get this a lot as well from iOS. Usually just parsed out but sometimes jumbled up gibberish. May be Apples way of saying we don't want to play because this has been going on quite awhile.

I’m on iPhone and only get parsed messages from Android. That’s because they come sms instead of mms.

mmcclure0453

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Same thing happens to me. My wife and I are on Verizon. She has an iPhone 6s+ and I have a Pixel 2. Text I get from her are in perfect order. My brother has an iPhone 6s on AT&T and whenever he sends me text messages they are an absolute mess. Always a puzzle to put together. Never have found anything to fix it. Just have to be a good interpreter.

cyndie1030

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
My daughter had an iPhone on Verizon and her long messages came through fine. She then switched to Cricket which uses AT & T Towers and BOOM...messages broken up and out of order. It's definitely something between carriers.

bigbearballs

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Same thing happens to me. My wife and I are on Verizon. She has an iPhone 6s+ and I have a Pixel 2. Text I get from her are in perfect order. My brother has an iPhone 6s on AT&T and whenever he sends me text messages they are an absolute mess. Always a puzzle to put together. Never have found anything to fix it. Just have to be a good interpreter.
But my wife and I are both on Sprint?!? I think it's just Sprint blows even though they are within 99% of reliability of the big guys.

mmcclure0453

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
But my wife and I are both on Sprint?!? I think it's just Sprint blows even though they are within 99% of reliability of the big guys.

We had Sprint about 8 years ago. Left Verizon because of a Sprint offer that "we couldn't refuse"... We had service when we were out of town but could not get a signal at home in the middle of town. Sprint gave us a signal booster but that didn't help. After many phone calls to Sprint and lots of frustration, Sprint ended up letting us out of our contract due to not being able to service us. We went running back to Verizon and haven't looked to any other service since. I'm sure that Sprint has improved since then.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowoverhoe