Worried about bending?

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
His scratch tests are helpful. It's good to know what materials are being used on some devices that don't state exactly what they use.
I guess the scratch test piece could be helpful but I ALWAYS use a tempered glass screen protector so...

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I guess the scratch test piece could be helpful but I ALWAYS use a tempered glass screen protector so...
Yeah people like yourself who use screen protectors and/or cases probably wouldn't care too much. I however do not always use a case and never use a screen protector.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Yeah people like yourself who use screen protectors and/or cases probably wouldn't care too much. I however do not always use a case and never use a screen protector.

I ran without screen protection on phones with GG3 and possibly GG4. This GG5 is a lot easier to scratch. Happened on my last phone.... Must have put it next to a metal object and got a tiny gash in the screen. A lot of the other phones out there are easy to scratch both front and rear. I won't go without it on this Pixel. Went with a clear thin Spigen case and an IQ shield plastic full screen protector.... Hardly know it's there.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I ran without screen protection on phones with GG3 and possibly GG4. This GG5 is a lot easier to scratch. Happened on my last phone.... Must have put it next to a metal object and got a tiny gash in the screen. A lot of the other phones out there are easy to scratch both front and rear. I won't go without it on this Pixel. Went with a clear thin Spigen case and an IQ shield plastic full screen protector.... Hardly know it's there.
Yeah I have plenty of devices and GG4 was better on scratches. But I can never use a screen protector. It just ruins the experience for me. No matter how smooth, crystal clear, super duper duty, etc. they make it it's just not the same.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I have plenty of devices and GG4 was better on scratches. But I can never use a screen protector. It just ruins the experience for me. No matter how smooth, crystal clear, super duper duty, etc. they make it it's just not the same.

Agreed, screen glass just feel so much better than plastic. The tempered glass ones aren't bad as far as feel, but since these phones have curved screens now they don't make a good one that sticks the way I want it to.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
IQ shield plastic full screen protector.... Hardly know it's there.

Yeah, I have an IQ on mine as well. I totally swore off plastic ones years ago, but with the increasing number of curved screens, glass is becoming less and less an option. Either they fully adhere and cover only the flat part of the screen, or give full coverage but without full adhesion.

I picked up the IQShield out of desperation, and couldn't be more pleased. The wet install made it easy to put on (curved screen plastic sps are thin) and it covers the entire screen, doesn't feel like junk and self heals the little scratches..