Why does my phone show this in messages...Android Noob here...

paulbadassbriant

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
when i click the messages app, and go to put a letter of the new contact i'm going to text,
my work location shows up everytime..

Screenshot_20171123-132542.png

recently been an iphone user, although i have had Android phones in the past..:-

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi, there! Hmm, that is a little peculiar. Perhaps there is a way to turn "suggested contacts" off in your SMS or general Settings app?

paulbadassbriant

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
i get top contacts too, just my work address in the bit at the top where it says "type a name, phone number or email address"

tried deleting my work address from maps and rebooted, seems to have cleared it, just don't have a work address in maps anymore, to be fair i don't think i need traffic advice for 5am morning starts!!!

Guto Aaron

Oct 23, 2017
Visit site
I just went to messages to look and I get the exact same thing as OP - when I click on the 'Type a name...' bar the box pops up with 'Work...'

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
i get top contacts too, just my work address in the bit at the top where it says "type a name, phone number or email address"

tried deleting my work address from maps and rebooted, seems to have cleared it, just don't have a work address in maps anymore, to be fair i don't think i need traffic advice for 5am morning starts!!!

I have my work address in maps but don't get that

paulbadassbriant

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Tried dropping a pin for my work address in maps, and yet again it showed up in the top of messages as ' 2 Stane Street'

Deleted it, and now it's gone again....Pixel 2 XL, running 8.0 with the November patch..